PDA

View Full Version : Team suzuki yoshi all over quad mag

xwarriorx
11-14-2006, 11:12 AM
in this months quad doug gust is on the cover and there is an awesome interview with him also there is an interview and some sweet pics of dustin wimmer on his 191 ltr

there is also a pull out poster of the wpsa rookie of the year on his ltr.

pick it up

ingleful
11-14-2006, 08:11 PM
yeah i seen that magizine the other day...i think its awesome that wimmer signed with Suzuki!!!

suzuki125
11-14-2006, 08:25 PM
Did ya'll notice that they had kickstarters on there bikes? just wonderin because both did

ingleful
11-14-2006, 08:29 PM
yeahh ...i noticed that a while back when they had the WPSA on espn..i guess they like em cuz they are lighter??

HiperEX
11-14-2006, 11:33 PM
just when are these kickstarts going to be availible to the public ive been waiting for one since i seen one on dougs bike

LTR450_#67
11-15-2006, 01:28 AM
The kick starters should be out anytime now.... Thats what I think though.......

later
Aaron

xwarriorx
11-15-2006, 11:33 AM
yea i thought i read in atvrider they were breaking it down and said its electric only then in parenthesis it said (so racers will have to get the kickstart kit) so i believe there should be one soon if not already.

05Z400rdr
11-15-2006, 01:52 PM
when i won pit passes for the day for team suzuki/yoshimura, we were talkin to the crew...we noticed that jeremiahs bike had kickstarter on it and dougs had electric still. they said they are testing it out and that they switch to kickstarter to loose about 12lbs..they try to make the bike as light as possible

Maxxis96
11-15-2006, 06:22 PM
I was told by my Suzuki TSM that they will be coming out but it will be only available through Suzuki...

blholtz
11-18-2006, 06:05 AM
I wonder if you will be able to use both on the bike. My thought on that is that I would like to have the kickstarter in case the starter won't turn the engine over when it gets hot.

I don't know if anyone else has the problem of not wanting to turn over when hot but I tink this would help.

syckNtwisted121
11-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
when i won pit passes for the day for team suzuki/yoshimura, we were talkin to the crew...we noticed that jeremiahs bike had kickstarter on it and dougs had electric still. they said they are testing it out and that they switch to kickstarter to loose about 12lbs..they try to make the bike as light as possible

Someone was greatly exaggerating that number. If you removed the started and battery it still wouldn't add up to that much weight. I was told it was added simply because its more reliable than an electric start system. There isnt a big weight savings on an LTR with a kicker because you still have to run a battery.

yoshi470
11-19-2006, 03:21 PM
^^^im pretty sure that doug runs the kicker with a capacitor not a battery b/c its a lot smaller than a battery but still gets the job done

syckNtwisted121
11-19-2006, 05:53 PM
That is a good possibility But a capacitor would be for a surge of power, like when it first gets running, It couldnt sustain power to the Fan and Fuel pump. I dont think a generator would be able to make enough juice to power everything...but who knows what they have designed for those race bikes. IF they are running without a battery, I would love to crawl inside that electrical system and see how it works !! I still dont there there is anyway they are shaving off 12lbs JUST from running a kick start instead of an electric start.

Did you guys notice the headpipe on the cover shot, that is no RS-5 on Gust's bike...looks like some kind of stepped headpipe or some type of mega/power bomb type thing. How about those nerfs ??? anyone know where to get them ??

elementryder
11-19-2006, 06:21 PM
someone post pics of these shots i dont get quad

yoshi470
11-19-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by syckNtwisted121
That is a good possibility But a capacitor would be for a surge of power, like when it first gets running, It couldnt sustain power to the Fan and Fuel pump. I dont think a generator would be able to make enough juice to power everything...but who knows what they have designed for those race bikes. IF they are running without a battery, I would love to crawl inside that electrical system and see how it works !! I still dont there there is anyway they are shaving off 12lbs JUST from running a kick start instead of an electric start.

Did you guys notice the headpipe on the cover shot, that is no RS-5 on Gust's bike...looks like some kind of stepped headpipe or some type of mega/power bomb type thing. How about those nerfs ??? anyone know where to get them ??
well i do know that a lot of ppl that run kickers on yfzs run a capacitor and it runs the fan just fine so i dont think there would be a problem with that wonder if it would run the pump too?