PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Cooled Blaster!!!

quadsport_rider
11-14-2006, 05:52 AM
hey..
i was readin up somewhere and it said for the yamaha blaster that you can get a liquid cooled blaster by getting a dt 200 dirt bike motor and its the exact same motor with the exact same mounts so all u have to do is bolt her in and find a spot for the rad.....rally that easy????...anyone done it or have any pictures of it done...send some pics in if any one has it done or seen it....i was also thinkin about a yz 250 motor or 250r motor...any thought? or any pictures of it done???...it would rip i bet with eather motor in her....!!!

:devil:

parkers30
11-14-2006, 06:36 AM
I've seen a few with yz250 engines, talked to the guys for quite a while about it and both admitted that it was just flat out scary at full throttle, the chassis just isn't big enough for the power. But hey, to each his own.

underpowered
11-14-2006, 08:14 AM
the balster is base of the dirtbike engine. if you look at the left sidcase, you can see where teh water pump should be and was just plugged off.

bradley300
11-14-2006, 09:45 AM
you can put a dt200 top end on it. its a powervalve, so you will need the dt electrics as well as all the water cooled stuff. its a little more involved than just slapping on a new top end, but i bet its worth it. the hard part is getting parts. yamaha never sold the dt in america, but they did sell them canada and austrailia