PDA

View Full Version : Full Flight A Arms

Ride1Rob
11-13-2006, 09:03 PM
If anyone wants a nice set of arms that are reliable at a steal of a price and have a LIFETIME WARRANTY against bends or breaks... no matter how you did it. You need to check out Bill @ Full Flight racing. I bought my arms over a year ago and recently stripped out one of my spindles. He sent me 2 free of charge ;) . Bill is a class act and the product is also standup. They're 12 point adjustable (which takes time to get them dialed in) but nice once it's on point. I rode a friends bike in a race and he has Gibson +2's and I pretty much felt as if I were riding my bike other than his having more motor work than mine at the time. He's selling these arms on E-bay for all bikes for under $400 :muscle: .

atvridernc
11-14-2006, 12:17 PM
I saw these on ebay and was thinking about getting some.

Anyone else use them?

FoxRacing81
11-14-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm gonna have to say differently...

My buddy had a set of +3 Full Flights on his 300ex. The cheap heim-joints were going bad, so we attempted to call to order new ones. We tried calling atleast 20 times over a 2 week or so period and everytime, no one would answer the phone, we'd leave a message, and no one would return it.

My buddy ended up breaking one during a race a few weeks later...made him and his quad do a front flip.

So, we took them off, and got some Burgards. No problems since.

Ride1Rob
11-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by FoxRacing81
I'm gonna have to say differently...

My buddy had a set of +3 Full Flights on his 300ex. The cheap heim-joints were going bad, so we attempted to call to order new ones. We tried calling atleast 20 times over a 2 week or so period and everytime, no one would answer the phone, we'd leave a message, and no one would return it.

My buddy ended up breaking one during a race a few weeks later...made him and his quad do a front flip.

So, we took them off, and got some Burgards. No problems since.

All you had to do was order them from the site or through E-Bay http://stores.ebay.com/FULLFLIGHT-RACING_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm
I get all my extra parts from there :ermm: ... I was told b/c there are no grease zerks it would be hard to keep dirt out of those heims. I used an all purpose grease on mine and they lasted me a year. I just changed mine last week. I see now he's selling a stonger, self greasing heim to help with that problem.

FoxRacing81
11-15-2006, 01:47 PM
They weren't on the site nor do I even see mention of 300ex parts on the website...

If a company has a phone number, you should be able to reach them at it, yes?

400exrider707
11-15-2006, 07:05 PM
First off you are not supposed to lube your heim joints. Just leave them alone. Lube just attracts more dirt and makes them wear out faster.

I do not like these arms strictly for the fact that they are 12 point adjustable. I see no need for it, and would rather have a more solid mount to the frame for the bottom a-arm than those heims. The bottom arm goes through a lot of abuse and those heims will break. Just having heims on the top arm is all that is needed.

86 Quad R
11-16-2006, 12:04 PM
i'm wondering.......... do those helm joints have a standard thread or a metric thread? :confused:

400exrider707
11-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by 86 Quad R
i'm wondering.......... do those helm joints have a standard thread or a metric thread? :confused:

I would assume standard but not sure.

Does anyone know what material they use for these arms? Or what material the heims are? I doubt they're chromoly heims.

4TraxRider
11-16-2006, 02:22 PM
They look just like the heim's I had on my American Start arms a few years ago that always broke or bent.

86 Quad R
11-16-2006, 02:40 PM
reason i ask is because i'd be interested in getting a set minus the joints and adding the regular, greasable joints

400exrider707
11-16-2006, 03:13 PM
reason i ask is because i'd be interested in getting a set minus the joints and adding the regular, greasable joints

For the price it would cost you to add those extra joints (which Im almost certain you couldn't) you could get a top name brand set of a-arms with those joints installed already. Balljoints are quite pricey.

86 Quad R
11-16-2006, 03:15 PM
nahhhhh! i got a different source for joints......... dayum paying someones JACKED up prices. what those guys charge is robery.

Ride1Rob
11-16-2006, 04:05 PM
I've been told that the ASR will fit as well. 400EX Rider, thanks for that info on lubing the heims. I always felt like that would attract more dirt as it would stick to the grease but a friend of mine said he heard lubing them was best??? That would be my only complaint on the arms if I had one (The heims...) But I do MX and I haven't had a problem with one breaking :eek2: ...

kc8pnd
11-17-2006, 02:57 AM
I have a set, I like them. Going to upgrade the heims to Teflon/Kevlar race joints and put a bicycle inner tube over them to help keep out mud. I tried looking for ball joints all over the place but have came up empty handed. Them joints are standard by the way, 3/4 thread I think.

azracer95
11-17-2006, 07:03 AM
You can get the Full Flight arms in chromolly tubing and they have also just introduced a chromolly heim upgrade with a special liner. These heims are the same used on offroad trucks and I will say they are pretty nice. I just installed the chromolly heims on the lower arms.

TarheelRedRider
11-19-2006, 12:55 PM
nahhhhh! i got a different source for joints......... dayum paying someones JACKED up prices. what those guys charge is robery.

You know you can use toyota 4 runner tie rod ends. 2 for 20 at autozone. If you use landcrusier ones they have the grease jerks in them.

DEVINF450R
11-19-2006, 06:52 PM
I race MX and I would just not ride an arm that doesn't have ball joint ends...heims have more adjustability yes..but how much do you really need. most people can't ever get them dialed in correctly anyhow so you sacrifice reliability for adjustability that you don't even use..... just by Houser, good arms cheap price