PDA

View Full Version : just got a hybrid i have a few questions

ThorR88
11-13-2006, 08:07 PM
i jsut got a hybrid its a CRF 450 and im very new to them can someone tell me what this is, there is no hose to it or anything just wondering what it is and what should i do now that i have a hybrid like maintenance whys thanks....oh yeah also where can i buy a kick start mine is messed up like the extender for it is stripped.....

ThorR88
11-13-2006, 08:08 PM

figair
11-13-2006, 09:47 PM
First, i have to say congrats on your hybrid...You will like her alot..That piece is like a breather I guess you would say..I have a rubber hose that comes from there,and ran in along the top of my subframe to the back and put 1 of those mini breather filter to the end of it..Do you need the filter not really,I just put it there because I had one laying around,and I have access to cleaning it..By the way,Honda does not sell that little nipple seperatly,you have to buy the whole head just incase it gets messed up or something..Mine had a little wear on the top of from the gas tank rubbing on it,not a biggy at all,they told me I had to buy the whole head,so i just told them to go "pound sand"..Mine was good enough..Good luck,and post some pics of your new ride..

ThorR88
11-14-2006, 08:54 AM
what can i do about the kick start? my kick start extender is like stripped and i need something so i can put it back on and it wont hit my frame when i kick it.....thanks figair ill get pictures soon

brian250racer
11-16-2006, 12:29 PM
East coast ATV or K&K should have the new kickstart extender... Just don't be surprised by the price.:(

11-16-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by brian250racer
East coast ATV or K&K should have the new kickstart extender... Just don't be surprised by the price.:(

One can be made for $50

Lonestar_R
11-16-2006, 03:35 PM
2 knuckles, a piece of round stock, and get the welder out, and you'll have a new one. I won't pay K&K's price of $199 for that then I have to buy the YZ kicker arm. umm no way....I can screw up acouple and still not have what they want for the extension.

supertrucker
11-16-2006, 05:32 PM
i made my own on my crf also, but did it more similar to east coasts extension, i got another knuckle and the actual kicker shaft, cut the shaft to length and welded it to the knuckle, the threaded hole goes all the way thru the shaft but the threads need to be taken out and you have to use a reamer for this that shaft is way too f'in hard to drill with a normal drill bit if i remember right the shaft and te knuckle were less than 100 bucks and has the more professional look i was after i'll try to get pics of two of them i made. but the extra knuckle and abushing idea is the same concept, a lil easier.

P.S. i had the k&k one before and the female splines were cut into a paper thin sleeve, then welded into a larger bushing and the splines basically shattered inside, was not impressed after paying that kind of money for that part. atleast it lasted a season.

ThorR88
11-16-2006, 06:08 PM
thanks alot guys, another question my side cases where a little sctrached up so i decided to polish them but they are magnesium and my friends lab teacher said it will rest very fast so im better off painting it do you guys think it would look better painting it the same color it comes or painting it the color of my frame thank you!

ThorR88
11-16-2006, 06:58 PM
not rest rust...

figair
11-16-2006, 07:22 PM
I stay away from K&K and east coast,there prices are ridiculous Hi..Might as well bend over,and have them rape ya..:eek2: :eek2:

brian250racer
11-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by figair
I stay away from K&K and east coast,there prices are ridiculous Hi..Might as well bend over,and have them rape ya..:eek2: :eek2:

You got that right...

Magnesium doesn't rust, but it will corrode.. Keep it polished all the time, and you shouldn't have any problems with it..

11-24-2006, 09:25 PM
EDIT

This is the ONLY warning your getting so I would take it SERIOUSLY

ThorR88
11-25-2006, 07:32 AM
your an idiot with your piece of **** quad that you dont know how to ride you loser...get a life ...

2muchquad
11-28-2006, 01:02 PM
I stay away from K&K and east coast,there prices are ridiculous Hi..Might as well bend over,and have them rape ya..

I agree those clowns are ridiculous:eek2: