PDA

View Full Version : divorce with kids (lawyer help)

bulkdriverlp
11-13-2006, 07:03 PM
my brother-in-law is married. last year at this time she decided for whatever reason to move out and get her own apartment. they have 3kids, one is 17-which is hers from a previous marrage. the other is 9 and one is 12. he has custody of the 12yo. anyhow, when she moved out she told the state she was "disabled and couldnt work". which no doctor has declared that, it was just what she told them. she right away went on disabality, welfare and food stamps and they have been paying her rent. now he went to court and the judge said he is responsible for 68% of the fraud that she commited saying she was disabled and recieving money, becuase they are still married. so he went to the bank to cash a check and the state drained his bank account. which wasnt much but all he had. so now he is scrounging for food and money to pay the bills. oh btw he is a licenced builder. anytime he goes to cash a check the bank holds it and the state takes the money. so hes barely getting by. he needs to get a divorce but has no money to get a lawyer, but he is going to borrow from his step-dad to get the divorce to get out of the responsibility. isnt that screwed up?? what do you guys think.? state of mi btw, kinda long sorry

orca0294
11-13-2006, 07:13 PM
It sounds like shes quite the trip. I feel bad for the guy but his struggles will come with a learning situation out of it. I sure hope when it comes my time for marriage if I do get married it won't turn out unsuccesful like this. What really made her run off? There has to be some kind of reasoning behind it. Its a bad situation considering theres kids involved. If your going to have kids wait till their out of the house to run out on the family or don't have kids at all. Especially if there is no apparent reasoning for it.

firefighterjosh
11-13-2006, 07:45 PM
That is messed up. Is she just crazy or is there a reason she moved out? I jope when I get marrred someday I pick the right girl. Been going out with the same girl for 4 years now and I am still not sure bout it.:scary:

Mxjunkie
11-13-2006, 07:49 PM
My mom is doing the same exact thing to my dad and we have tryed everything in court we possibly could, up until about 3 weeks ago he had to pay for her car bill, our truck and my dads girlfriends crv.. not counting all the money she was getting from him to start with...

2 apartments later and one house she got foreclosed...

she's being paid under the table by the local weight station and when she goes to court she still says she cant work etc and has doctor signed papers.. she wouldnt sign the divorce papers for over 3 year's until 3 weeks ago, So now my dad pays 400+ a week in child support for one kid and we are still trying to get the house that she got foreclosed off his record because she was suppose to pay the morgage but she didnt for 3-4 months.. :grr:

if you talk to him tell him I wish him the best of luck and thing's only get better.. It suck's but as long as he keep's his spirt's up he'll be allright

11-13-2006, 07:50 PM
WOMEN=crazy

exboy
11-13-2006, 07:54 PM
the buckcherry song comes to mind :rolleyes:

bulkdriverlp
11-13-2006, 09:04 PM
thanks for the replys, the court said they could put him in jail if he doesnt pay the back money, but what is that gunna solve since he cant work while in jail? in this county you have to pay like 35$ a day to be in jail. this system is just a mess. as for why she moved out...she says he beat her and stuff, which i dont know the truth i didnt see it. but she is pretty dumb and deserves something (not a beating). he has verbaly abused her but i was there for that and i think she deserved that for sure. the kids pay the price for all this and its too bad, they are good kids.

around here you can get in more trouble for shooting a deer out of season than at another human being. drunk drivers still get a slap on the wrist in this state (mi) total b.s.

79400ex
11-13-2006, 09:12 PM
can he says he's sr*wed. If he thinks get out of his responbitly . he has an other story coming. Women has all the power in a divorce. THey(women) can scam the state and everyone and get away with it. Because everyone feel women get step on. Th only a man come out head in divorce is if the woman break the law and it is proven. just my 2cent.

bwamos
11-14-2006, 07:59 AM
He needs to absolutyl get a lawyer.

Cash out his checks instead of depositing them so he can get the lawyer. Do it at a bank he is not a member at.

Get the lawyer. File for divorce. And, have the lawyer set up a fair payment plan instead of having his wages garnished. He's not going to get out of paying. It's possible but unlikley.

She commited criminal actions. It should make the divorce come out better for him. It's highly unlikley he'll have to pay alimony, etc..

northwest Texas
11-14-2006, 08:09 AM
That's a terrible situation especially for the kids. What an example they're learning from their mom.

He absolutely must get a lawyer. It will save him money in the long term. He needs to somehow prove she defrauded the state.

A visit with the lawyer will do more for him that advice from us.

HE'S GOT TO DO IT (SEE THE LAWYER) IF NOT FOR HIM BUT FOR THE KIDS.

LTZ400rider
11-14-2006, 09:51 AM
yet another reason i will never get married, all i hear is ppl complaining about stuff and fighting and sellin their toys and no sex after a year. screw that :blah: