PDA

View Full Version : big bore or stroker

ikes05400ex
11-13-2006, 06:42 PM
i know this has been descused before but i just spent about 2 hours on here trying to find all the answers but i want some opinions of people with the big bores and strokers .i have a 05 400ex and will be doing a 440 big bore or a 460 stroker and i would like to hear from some of you with these mods allready done and what would be best for me. i ride mostly woods and mountains and want to run pump gas .reliablity is a must and there will be no corners cut to do this right .any opinions would be greatly appriciated on big bore or stroker what cam and exhaust .on the exhaust it needs to be semi quiet and have a spark arrestor (woods rider)
one more question will a older jug work on my 05 motor
thanks

lil p
11-13-2006, 07:34 PM
i run the stroker and it does great power wise. its not so good for reliability though. go with the 440 kit and a 12.5:1 piston. just make sure to get a heavy duty timing chain clutch and steel inserts in your head for those gaskets. i run a full sparks e6 pipe but im strickly dragin so i dont have to worry about sound are spark arrestors.

400eXr1d3rZ
11-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by lil p
i run the stroker and it does great power wise. its not so good for reliability though. go with the 440 kit and a 12.5:1 piston. just make sure to get a heavy duty timing chain clutch and steel inserts in your head for those gaskets. i run a full sparks e6 pipe but im strickly dragin so i dont have to worry about sound are spark arrestors.

Not to highjack the thread but where in LA do oyu live?

Wheelie
11-14-2006, 01:09 PM
If you want to run pump gas stay at or below 11:1 compression.

Check out www.powroll.com, take a look at their 440 stroker kit. Very reliable, fast, and incredible low end torque--even with a stg 3 hotcam.

It runs fine on 93 octane as well.

slipp
11-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
Not to highjack the thread but where in LA do oyu live?

im waiting to hear some good feedback on this topic also, i have some of the same questions.. but a side note..

i live in louisiana also, lafayette... were making a trip to the LA dunes this weekend...

lil p
11-14-2006, 09:40 PM
im from dupont. around marksville. i go out to the dunes pretty often.