PDA

View Full Version : head port and polish 450r

hemp450r
11-13-2006, 04:57 PM
does anyone have head port and polish templates and/or techniques for honda 450r (06')?

Scro
11-13-2006, 05:30 PM
I would take a step back before you start to do any kind of porting yourself. Even if you did have some kind of template to go by, one wrong cut or file and it will throw the whole system off. I'll put it to you as I've seen it put before - If you have to ask, you shouldn't be doing it.

Then again if you want someone that knows what they are talking about, PM chad502ex. He is very knowledgable in that field:macho

czrider263
11-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Scro
PM chad502ex. He is very knowledgable in that field:macho

YUPERZ

hemp450r
11-13-2006, 06:23 PM
if i never ask i'll never know, if i have to, i'll destroy as many heads as i need to to get it right

hemp450r
11-13-2006, 06:55 PM
love this site, hope it will provide me the information i need to build a very fast , extremely reliable 450r, by the way towed 6 yfz,s this summer

red2004 TRX450R
11-14-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Scro
I would take a step back before you start to do any kind of porting yourself. Even if you did have some kind of template to go by, one wrong cut or file and it will throw the hole system off. I'll put it to you as I've seen it put before - If you have to ask, you shouldn't be doing it.

Then again if you want someone that knows what they are talking about, PM chad502ex. He is very knowledgable in that field:macho

Mild head porting is not rocket science!!!
you will be find just cleaning up the ports a little. if you have experence porting any type of head. just dont hog it out, just clean it up.

I would not do any thing to wild with out looking at several pro port jobs.

I asked chad502ex to post a cut away of the 450r head and he did in the DRG TT build thread.

I have seen a $3000.00 set of heads that were ported through the water jacket and were fixed with a tig welder. so one slip can be fixed!!

don't worry hemp450r there are people on this site that will help you!!

hemp450r
11-14-2006, 05:54 PM
thank you for the vote of confidence, as i have some experience in porting automotive heads for chev 350,454s, i hope to become proficient in atv porting with a little advice (& mucho patience) should do alright! thanks again! as for "if you have to ask you shouldn't be doing it" someone has little confidence in there own mechanical aptitude

Scro
11-15-2006, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by hemp450r
thank you for the vote of confidence, as i have some experience in porting automotive heads for chev 350,454s, i hope to become proficient in atv porting with a little advice (& mucho patience) should do alright! thanks again! as for "if you have to ask you shouldn't be doing it" someone has little confidence in there own mechanical aptitude

I was not putting down your mechanical abilities, nor do I have little confidence in mine. I was only giving advice, take it or leave.

chad502ex
11-15-2006, 11:10 AM
I do not suggest beginner porting unless one has a clear understanding that 0.020" can make or break gains with the ports ability to exhaust during 'blow-down'.. In other words, there is a fine line of 0.020" that can make 'pumping losses' go through the roof....