PDA

View Full Version : traction

jtoy
11-13-2006, 11:52 AM
is there any way to get better traction at the back wheel as far as adjusting the back shock or air pressure

300exOH
11-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Yes you can lower the preload on the rear shock to lower the ride height and transfer weight to the rear wheels. It may create a front end push if you go too far though. Also lower air pressure will help. I wouldn't go any lower than about 3 psi though.

2muchquad
11-13-2006, 01:21 PM
I like the holeshots mx's personally even though the kenda claws arent bad either.:D

jtoy
11-13-2006, 02:39 PM
i am running a new set of bandits old ones were wore out so i just bought the same kind are they not good tires?

300exOH
11-14-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by jtoy
i am running a new set of bandits old ones were wore out so i just bought the same kind are they not good tires?

Bandits aren't the best. I had them on a 250r and they would not hook up anywhere including pavement. A set of kenda knarlys/klaws. ITPs, or Razrs would be a much better choice IMO.

gbcap
11-14-2006, 12:13 PM
they are not horrible tires but not the best on the market.

if you just got brand new ones don't replace them till you need to then go with something a bit nicer.

lower the pressure to about 4psi for muddy/soft conditions, 5-6 for normal riding.

lower the ride heigh just a tad in the rear but not too much. you want the rear to be 1/2" lower then the front for normal riding. a tad lower for mx.