PDA

View Full Version : Swingarm Question

Lonestar_R
11-13-2006, 10:19 AM
I think I am back to building a hybrid....I got a few deals on parts I needed, so I think I'm back in business.

Anyway to the question. Has anyone ever tried a 450R stock swingarm on a 400EX frame? Does it work? And, how much longer is it compared to the stock 400EX swinger. I know everyone always goes with a longer swinger on the 400EX, and I just wanted to know if this would be a cheap fix. I know it won't be near as strong as an aftermarket swinger. Thanks in advance for any help guys.

11-13-2006, 12:39 PM
same leangth. 250r swinger adds 1 inch.

stocktires
11-13-2006, 01:35 PM
I wouldnt, linkage points are going to be different and screw up your suspension.

jrspawn
11-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by stocktires
I wouldnt, linkage points are going to be different and screw up your suspension.

Amen to that! I wish i had a dollar for everytime i had the questions of swapping 450r, 400ex, and 250r suspension and other chasis parts around. Yes certain things might "fit" but they are not the same dimension's and the pivot points and designs are not the same and will cause lack of performance and perform incorrectly rather than have the right parts made specific for the model and perform correctly. Correct chasis setup is the most crucial thing for a quad!

Justin

Lonestar_R
11-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Thanks guys...this is the stuff I need to know.....I am not one for half assing anything....its done right the first time....not a cobbled mess