PDA

View Full Version : Typhoon lookalike? BamX-Lightning

daddyrat
11-13-2006, 03:30 AM
I found this on Ebay. They call it a BamX-Lightning.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BamX-Lightning-125cc-pit-quad-atv-like-Typhoons-atvs_W0QQitemZ160050908791QQihZ006QQcategoryZ6726Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

8d dad
11-13-2006, 07:44 AM
I was told they are being sued by Xtreme for copying

markvette
11-13-2006, 10:55 AM
i emailed the guy about his aluminum nerfs and bumpers, still waiting on the pics he said he would send me.

Mark

daddyrat
11-16-2006, 03:11 AM
I was looking at the BamX website at;

http://www.bamxusa.com/index.php?productID=122

I noticed the suspension travel specs on the BamX at front 4" rear 2". That didn't sound right. I went to the Extreme website and they list front 7" rear 6.5". Different shocks?

bobk
11-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by 8d dad
I was told they are being sued by Xtreme for copying

How could they do that? Isnt the engine, brake system & and other components copies of Honda parts? Can you sue someone for copying a copy?

pwcman1
01-18-2007, 02:35 PM
Hello and let me set the record straight. We at Bamx did not copy any atv. The Lightning and typhoon are built by a very high quality factory in China that makes OEM Yamaha's for Asia market. FYM is a factory that has built stuff for us in China , just like extreme. We at bamx have a office in china, where we try to keep the quality and integrity of our products high. BamX is a new name , but we are not new to chinese market. Our goal is long term and have a nice quality motorsports line that are only sold through reputable dealers. We are not perfect, but are goal is to have all parts in stock and availble for all models we carry. We do offer a 1 year warranty on parts on all of our models. Extreme is a awesome company and has been a very good product. We at Bamx wish all other chinese manufacters would have the skills and professionalism of Extreme. There are to many guys out there selling atvs and not taking care of there customers and building so cheap that they become a disposable unit. Bamx has a 20,000 sf warehouse and stocks between 500-1000 units at all times. There warehouse is in California, but have a eastcoast warehouse in the works. We know and try to improve all models we carry and dont take shortcuts. There is a fine line in building a unit as affrodable as possible and building junk. We beleive we build a high quailty price point and strive to have the quality as the Big four OEM"s. I hope this has put the record straight, and please keep a open mind in the future.

daddyrat
01-18-2007, 02:46 PM
pwcman1, What is the difference between claimed suspension travel? BamX = around 4", Extreme = around 7"?

Both of these brands are made at the same factory, right? thanks

pwcman1
01-18-2007, 02:47 PM
There is no parts that a re a copy of honda. You could say the same thing for yamaha. There air-cooled motor looks just like a honda. There are simliaties, but differences. And for brakes, Honda doesnt put front and rear Hyd. disc brakes on there mini atvs. I can honestly say , that when you buy a extreme or bamx, you get a ton of goodies for your buck! A awesome mini for under 2k! You definetly get your moneys worth!

pwcman1
01-18-2007, 02:52 PM
I'll be honest, I dont know hwere the travel your talking about? Is there a typo somewhere? They are built at FYM Factory in China, the same place as extreme. I knowe the owner very well, Raymond. I just goit back From China and The owner is coming to Indy show in Feb to visit me. I gave him the invitation and got his visa to visit usa. I would love to show you pics of me at factory. I will go back in April. There are some copys of lightnings and extremes coming out, I've seen pics from one factory and there rough looking, but a copy, so you will be able to buy one probaly in 3-6 months form someone.

pwcman1
01-18-2007, 03:00 PM
There are a lot of guys out there, that order a container of goods form China . Some stay in the business and make improvemnts and others whore out prices and get out. I started by visiting factories and building realitionships. We do a very large volume through our retail chains and decided to take nationally last year and build a dealer base. We have some reps and needing more reps to cover the states. We are going to indy show to sign up dealers and hopefully meeet some new reps. I dont want to make enemys and wont slam any competion. I hope that our proudcts will be our sales indicators and will welcome any new dealers.

pwcman1
01-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Hello mark, I remeber talking to you. You didnt get my pics? Sorry! We still have a nice frame yet for production, hopefully for Indy.

markvette
01-18-2007, 03:10 PM
never got the pics. i will be at indy too. will have to find your booth and bs a little.

Mark

pwcman1
01-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Thanks mark I hope we can meet and I posted to your other forum just now. I just wanted to let you know, that I dont slam competioirs and honestly got caught up in rumor mill by Extremes disgruntled employess , I beleiev the road reps. They said extreme was closing and blowing out units. I apologize to you and definetly hope Like I was. Extrme is a awesome compnay and I wish all other Chinese importors were like extreme. They are a class act!

markvette
01-18-2007, 03:28 PM
no problem, crap happens. i guess i wasnt as honest as i could have beem. as you can see i do know a little more about the xtremes than i told you. as i have told everyone, i dont work for xtreme or make a dime of the typhoons. billy holt is a friend and sponsors both my boys. he just lives close enough when i needed mini quad parts we became friends. i have done a lot of traveling with him as a tag along so i have got to meet a lot of people in the business.

Mark

cmiller120
01-28-2007, 02:50 PM
do you have the dates for the indy show would love to check it out. i need date time and place thanks for the help

markvette
01-28-2007, 02:55 PM
feb 16-19 but this is for dealers only. no public access.

Mark

cmiller120
01-28-2007, 03:46 PM
well that sucks

cmiller120
01-29-2007, 08:58 AM
ok well i found a dealer that is willing to take me but he dont know where it is. can you give me some info on the show

markvette
01-29-2007, 11:32 AM
its at the rca dome in indianapolis indiana

Bayman111
01-29-2007, 03:19 PM
I think BamX's and xtremes both suck!
They are cheap pieces of crap and everything breaks on them!
Chinese quads SUCK!!!!!
Don't buy one. K:grr: :ermm: :)