PDA

View Full Version : Snowmobilers= Opinions

mole97
11-13-2006, 02:35 AM
O.K. Well I made a post a while back about the new phazer.Now I'm really considering a snowmobile and have been checking a lot of the sites,but I know nothing about which is reliable or what's a good choice for what kind of riding? I just got off of an arctic cat site and they are looking like a good choice. I'm mostly interested in quick little trail rides- maybe hitting a track and doing some jumps? zipping on the street and on the lake..Basically I just want some opinions and hear how people who have experience feel. Thanks......

ilpadrino113
11-13-2006, 05:36 AM
polaris man

the arctic cat quads are fine, but their sleds break down a lot from my experiences. I've spent more time working on friends arctic cats than on my own polaris.

Polaris is more expensive but will last twice as long. I got an old 96 indy500 in my garage that still runs fine. Wenever friends are around they'll ride that one if they don't have their own.

Yamahs are nice except they are really heavy. So a sled with the same amount of power will beat a yamaha most of the time

I've just always been a polaris fan and love the reliability and they're fast as hell.

rbgnwa45
11-13-2006, 05:56 AM
Ask this at the maximulsled.com forum

Quad18star
11-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Well from what you've said you want to do with it , I would get a Ski-Doo MXZ 600 . You CAN'T go wrong with this sled !!!!

First off , it'll run with most 700cc sled out there from any other manufacturer .

The chassis is strong as nails if you're going to be jumping it . The suspension is race inspired from their MXZX line up.

The fuel economy on them is amazing .

It's a 600cc Rotax .... the most reliable motor EVER made .

Being 600cc, insurance won't kill you .

The REV styling and rider position is the envy of the industry . All other manufacturers are trying to immitate it . Also it is by far the most comfortable riding and positioning sled out there .

It's point and go ... the sled doesn't track all over the trail .

There is no doubt in my mind , that if I was to buy a brand new sled , the MXZ 600 is the one I'd have sitting in my garage .
http://www.ski-doo.com/NR/rdonlyres/7CCFA36E-3263-403D-A531-

4TraxRider
11-13-2006, 09:38 AM
Definately a ski-doo. My old 583 is going to be hitting 10000 miles this winter with only suspension rebuilds each year. Been sno-x'd for a few years and still runs with all the new 600's. My newer 600 which I got last year in the ZX X chassis is awsome. I'm a little to tall for the REV's but they are a great sled.

400exchick
11-13-2006, 09:53 AM
I agree with Greg on this one, MXZ would probably be the best way to go for you.

John Pennella
11-13-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Well from what you've said you want to do with it , I would get a Ski-Doo MXZ 600 . You CAN'T go wrong with this sled !!!!

First off , it'll run with most 700cc sled out there from any other manufacturer .

The chassis is strong as nails if you're going to be jumping it . The suspension is race inspired from their MXZX line up.

The fuel economy on them is amazing .

It's a 600cc Rotax .... the most reliable motor EVER made .

Being 600cc, insurance won't kill you .

The REV styling and rider position is the envy of the industry . All other manufacturers are trying to immitate it . Also it is by far the most comfortable riding and positioning sled out there .

It's point and go ... the sled doesn't track all over the trail .

There is no doubt in my mind , that if I was to buy a brand new sled , the MXZ 600 is the one I'd have sitting in my garage .
http://www.ski-doo.com/NR/rdonlyres/7CCFA36E-3263-403D-A531-

ABSOLUTELY. I never, and will never hear anything bad about ski-doo. They make the best machines period. They designed the rev and never had any bugs or problems with it. It just shows ski-doo knows how to make sleds. The rev chassi is like riding a quad dirt bike and snowmobile all in one. It's an awesome ride. And its funny how every new sled from all the companies out there, are imitating ski-doos revs. I have a 1990 ski-doo formula 500 that still runs like a champ.

MR.BIG
11-13-2006, 11:38 AM
It depends on what you intend on doing with it. For groomed trails I have the Rx-1 warrior and its extremely fast and gets awesome gas mileage. But if you want to hit a whooped out trail go with a rev800 awesome handling and good power.

Quad18star
11-13-2006, 11:53 AM
If you haven't looked already , check out www.ski-doo.com and see what they're all about .

Check the pictures and the videos . :cool:

A couple awesome sled sites with lots of info .... www.hardcoresledder.com and www.dootalk.com

ny300exrider
11-13-2006, 12:44 PM
i would definitly say go ski doo rev 600ho or 500ss(597cc motor used in older mxz600 models). like the rest said, the chassis is extremly good and the motors are known to be very reliable when kept up. the rev is a perfect transition from a sport quad due to its seating position whereas on many others you are sitting very low to the snow. im strongly considering buying myself a used sled after this winter, either an arctic cat zr600cce,ski doo mxz600 zx, polaris edge x/pro x 600 depending on how this years winter is. if we get another low snow winter im going to scratch the sled idea and get a new truck.

good luck with whatever you get though. snowmobiling is an awsome sport and it has a ton of followers. there are trail systems in NY such as tug hill and old forge that allow you to ride hundreds and hundreds of miles of groomed trails without hitting the same spot once.

get the rev and enjoy!

mole97
11-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the replies guy's.. It's funny because after I posted this I went on ski doo's website and the first thing to catch my eye was the mx'z.And by all your suggestions it seems like everyone for ski-doo,so I guess that I'll be checkin them out.And thanx for those websites quad18..well, Guees I'll be seeing you guys out in the snow:D

MXracer16
11-13-2006, 04:25 PM
If you are looking to buy new, just get a cheep used one of any brand for this year. Ski-Doo is coming out with a new chassis next year, so if you went and got a 2007, it will be very outdated by next year. As for engine size, Id suggest a 600.