PDA

View Full Version : Faster 400ex

Blown97Stang
11-12-2006, 08:40 PM
I have a 05 400ex i bought wrecked and put some tlc in to make it rideable only problem being it is bone stock i have managed to get a few aftermarket items for it havent put anything on yet waiting to get everything together the items i have gotten i got dirt cheap on ebay which include a k&n, fmf powerbomb , and dynojet kit now i need to know what slipon to get to go with this header i am looking for decent power gains but not to loud and what rev box to get with these last 2 items i think it will wake it up quite a bit. any suggestions would help.oh and if anyody has any of these items for sale let me know

lil p
11-12-2006, 08:47 PM
i had a pro circuit that did great. my white brothers rev box is pretty good too.

ImplodedMindZ
11-12-2006, 09:01 PM
I havent heard very good things about white brothers rev boxes. I believe some people have starting issues w/ them. Iv got a magnum rev box. gets the job done no problems so far.

PismoLocal
11-12-2006, 10:24 PM
If your looking for a good quiet slip on check out yoshi, white brothers, LRD, HMF, and FMF. I know FMF makes a quiet pipe (Q series if I remember correctly) but I'm not sure if it is made for the 400ex and FMF is also said to be a lower quality exhaust compared to the competition. HMF and LRD both have great slip ons but they are on the louder side so you might want to check and see if your willing to pay for the quiet core as well. Yoshimura has the comp series slip on which comes with a spark arrestor but you can also buy the tech kit to quiet it down even more. I am by no means an exhaust expert though so you should definitely search the subject and draw your own conclusions.

Kaleigh
11-13-2006, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by ImplodedMindZ
I havent heard very good things about white brothers rev boxes. I believe some people have starting issues w/ them. Iv got a magnum rev box. gets the job done no problems so far.

Ive heard that also.. But I have not had any problems with mine and I have had it for about 4 years now.. guess I just got lucky.. its an ok rev box.. but nothing special.. the price says it all..

Wheelie
11-13-2006, 08:54 AM
IMO--Don't waste your money on a rev box until you've done engine mods. The stock rev limiter is 9100rpm, a stock 400ex quits making power at around 7200rpm.

GPracer2500
11-13-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Wheelie
IMO--Don't waste your money on a rev box until you've done engine mods. The stock rev limiter is 9100rpm, a stock 400ex quits making power at around 7200rpm.

I agree. Spend that money on other things first.