PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know of any upcoming races near Nevada (CA, AZ,UT)

adrenalinefreak
11-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Was hoping you guys could tell me of upcoming races near me. I normally race the Worcs Series but the season is over and doesn't start until January. I was hoping to do another race before then. It doesn't have to be in Nevada even though that would be best. I'm open for California, Arizona, and Utah.

Anyway....just wanting to race! My wrist is finally better ( I broke it in Rd 8 of Worcs). YEAHH....

you can either reply to this thread or pm me.

QuadJunkies
11-12-2006, 09:31 PM
See you in 2007. I think were hitting most of the series this time :D if all goes well

I will most def. be going to all of them :macho

I visited a few tracks in Utah, Ill search for the link to the tracks and send it to you. The one in Logan was SAWEET!

Isnt that a ways for you to drive ?

Here ya go
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=242571&highlight=Utah

eganracing
11-12-2006, 10:12 PM
theres a itp quadcross race in taft california this weekend

QuadJunkies
11-12-2006, 10:26 PM
There ya go Donna!!^^ that should work ALOT better for you! :)

400grl
11-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Yep - ITP Quadcross in Taft - if you race, WORCS, you will know that track!!! Also - last race is in Glen Helen the first weekend in December........

adrenalinefreak
11-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Thanks for all the ideas. I was thinking about the ITP Quadcross one. We'll see how things go. I just cant wait to race again.

I'm glad to hear you (Tina) will be doing most of the races this season. That will be cool! I too am planning on doing most of them. Not too sure on the Washington races those will probably be the ones I miss.

How does the ITP QuadX compare to WORCS? Same style riding or is QuadX more MX than WORCS?

Hopefully I'll see some of you out there and actually get the chance to meet some more people!

CannondaleRider
11-13-2006, 04:38 PM
ITP Quadcross is Motocross. No Off-Road stuff like WORCS.

eganracing
11-13-2006, 05:43 PM
yeah quadcross is mx. does anybody know what the track is like at taft?

i250r
11-13-2006, 07:17 PM
There is a race in Mesquite NV Nov.24-25 MX track good quad turn out. Ill be there.

CannondaleRider
11-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by eganracing
yeah quadcross is mx. does anybody know what the track is like at taft?

Truthfully, I can't picture an ITP race there.

I've only been there for WORCS races....which add about 5 miles of off-road stuff up in the hills.

Honolulu Hills Raceway is in the middle of an old oil field in high desert type terrain.

There is only about two big jumps, everything else is pretty small (Unless they change it dramatically for ITP) There is a decent tabletop(80 feet or so last time I was there) after the right hand 90 degree holeshot...lots of smaller stuff/turns, you'll hit a not-to-long straight away with a very large step-up at the end. It's not UNGODLY huge, but it usually gets really chopped up right at the landing spot. At the bottom of that landing, you cut to the left, and go through some more small jumps and turns, leading to the finish line.....pretty short really. Fun though.

The type of dirt allows it to stay fairly smooth. It's usually bluegroove, and doesn't easily develop breaking bumps or anything.

It's a fun track

400grl
11-14-2006, 10:14 AM
It's going to be wierd having a quadcross race on just the MX portion of that track......not really a technical track at all - lots of turns (banked ones - fun!).....and when I raced there, it got UNGODLY rough - HUGE holes and picking good lines was VERY important!! I think the quadcross racers will just like being somewhere different - although it's kind of a creepy little place.......:eek2:

eganracing
11-14-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
It's going to be wierd having a quadcross race on just the MX portion of that track......not really a technical track at all - lots of turns (banked ones - fun!).....and when I raced there, it got UNGODLY rough - HUGE holes and picking good lines was VERY important!! I think the quadcross racers will just like being somewhere different - although it's kind of a creepy little place.......:eek2:

creepy?

400grl
11-15-2006, 09:10 AM
Well....it's just kind of out there in the middle of nowhere with these hills with all these oil rigs all over - some are old and abandoned, some are working........when you are driving out to the place you are wondering if you are on the right road....that kind of thing........not too bad, just a LITTLE creepy.....;)

Ex'r Marlin
11-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Well... Good news if you like the WORCS series... There are two races coming up at Speedworld in December called Grand Prix race, that should be just like the WORCS race!:cool: I believe it will be an hour race, similar to the 50 minute plus WORCS races.

December 10th, and I believe December 31st are the two races at Speedworld in Surprise, Arizona... Same place as Round 1 for WORCS in January...:cool:

WORCSYFZ199
11-17-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
Well... Good news if you like the WORCS series... There are two races coming up at Speedworld in December called Grand Prix race, that should be just like the WORCS race!:cool: I believe it will be an hour race, similar to the 50 minute plus WORCS races.

December 10th, and I believe December 31st are the two races at Speedworld in Surprise, Arizona... Same place as Round 1 for WORCS in January...:cool:

Do you have any more info on that or a website for it?

Ex'r Marlin
11-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Sure do... :D

www.speedworldmx.com

You can go to Events, scroll down and you will see 12/10 Event, and 12/31 Event...:cool:

400grl
11-17-2006, 02:23 PM
It's run on the same course as the WORCS race, but it's a local bike AND quad race - so the numbers of quads aren't near as high - the fun part is, they run the bikes and quads together for the team race - it's the only time we get to actually RACE against the bikes, and I can't tell you how fun THAT is!!! :D :devil: My hubby and I always do really well at this race.....

eganracing
11-17-2006, 04:20 PM
i just got a letter in the mail about the 6 hours of Glen Helen. i beleive its december 9 and im hoping i can make it.

adrenalinefreak
11-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Anybody planning on doing either of the SpeedWorld Grand Prix?

Just wondering...if I do one it will probably be the 12/31, but not sure because that will be close to the First Worcs race! Maybe just save my money and make sure I can make it to more of the Worcs races...

Ex'r Marlin
11-22-2006, 08:09 AM
Yeah, I plan to attend both "Grand Prix" races in Surprise, Arizona... December 10th and December 31st. If you need a place to stay, don't hesitate PM'ing me.

Like 400grl stated, there is also a "team race" that we believe will be the first race of the day...:cool:

Friendly reminder that round 1 of the WORCS series in scheduled for January 26th - 28th at Speedworld.

400grl
11-22-2006, 09:08 AM
For anyone planning on racing round 1 of the WORCS race, these GP races are GREAT practice!!! The course is usually about 80% the same as the WORCS course - so by racing a GP you will get to know the layout pretty well.......