PDA

View Full Version : Flipping front rims around for offset

generalg
09-11-2002, 03:24 PM
Is it bad to switch the front rims around for an extra 1" offset? I'm getting a set of Douglas Black label fronts and want them to be offset. Douglas does not make them in offset in the black label, however they do in the blue label. Will it be ok if I switch them around. I know I will have an extra valve stem on the back side but that is ok. How do they hold up strength wise. Oh yea they will be used in the sand with Shark Fins.

forum
09-13-2002, 08:36 AM
If the stems rub on your calipers. you can drill valve stem holes in the other side of the rim. put some valve stems in them. and then reverse the other ones so they are sticking inside the rim. Thats what i did with my banshee. If your riding aggresive or doing big jumps it puts alot of stress on the hubs and spindle. I only shot around the roads with my shee and trail ride a bit so it was no big deal. But with my Ex I have the total oposite. The rims are offset in and i am getting +3's instead of my +2's i curently have. SPeaking of with would anybody be willing to offer me $550 for some roll design +2's

DEAL
09-13-2002, 08:53 AM
$550 canadian?