View Full Version : Is there a point to Nerf Bars?

BiggerRed 400ex
09-11-2002, 03:04 PM
I was interested in nerf bars but dont really understand the point of them if you dont race. Are they only for MX or do trail riders use them too.. what is their use?
Thanks

Bean
09-11-2002, 03:46 PM
well, they keep other quads from tanglin up in your footpeg area, keep you from snappin your ancle, around here, u dont even hav to run the nets, jus the bar, but i run nets too

Nausty
09-11-2002, 03:57 PM
nerfs have saved me many times just riding by my self from my foot from going under the rear tires which doesn't feel to good when the tire actually does start to RUN over your leg and pull you down. You don't have to worry about your rear end clipping trees and can just ride the nerf around it and then you don't have to worry as much as other quads tangling up with you or stuff coming up on you like sticks and stuff on the trail.

honda400exrider
09-11-2002, 04:06 PM
its saved me in jumping quite a bit, and i wouldnt have almost broken my ankle is i had had the slip guards on. i also like how the propegs are wider and longer, cause i have weak ankles and it helps even out the pressure or what ever u would call it from jumping. i need to file my pegs though, there worn.,

Nausty
09-11-2002, 04:15 PM
also you can take those nets and kick ups for advantage so that you don't have to let off when they do slip off and your about to do something.

rookiex
09-11-2002, 04:52 PM
Welp if i would have had them on I would'nt be walkin around with 3 pins in my foot......I know that for sure

eldoexrider01
09-11-2002, 08:26 PM
where we ride ramps arnt perfect. mostly lopsided and crooked. haha so u need em when u ramp jumps and land on flat ground. ya never know when u might slip up and make a mistake.

tprender
09-12-2002, 06:57 AM
If you are just a play rider or trail rider the nerfs will make the bearing in the rear bearing carrier last longer,How. When you are riding and you get ready to go around a tree the nerf will hit the tree first and take the 1st strong blow instead of the axle. By putting less stress on the rear axle this will cause the beari9ng to last longer. On a 250X that I had I got about 5 months of wear out of the rear bearing with no nerfs. I then got a set of nerfs for the X and I then got almost a year out of the next 2 sets of bearing.

Striker49
09-12-2002, 10:19 AM
They have saved my from a broken foot/leg more than a few times before. I would highly recommend a set to anyone. :cool:

lil400exman
09-12-2002, 02:04 PM
me i make sure i have my netting firm cause one time i was running with a gys quad and he had his nets real loose and m foot slipped and i fell right into them and i glad i was riding boots or i would have been gone!! so make sure you have them setup right!!

09-12-2002, 07:37 PM
nerfs save ur *** man, once u slip off ur peg coming down from a jump ull realize how much they help.

09-12-2002, 08:52 PM
I don't have a set yet. I'm working on it. I with I had a set a few month ago. My foot slipped off the peg on some good air, and the peg ran over my foot. snapped it like a twig!!!!! oh yeah, it was pianfull.

Wish I had nerf bars. Its my next mod?

bluebaron
09-13-2002, 11:42 AM
nerfs have saved me a number of time. best mod i ever bought

09-15-2002, 12:38 PM
yeah i agree nerfs definiatly save your ***.

Sick0
09-15-2002, 12:55 PM
When I bought mine, my friend said the stupid to have if you go into the woods. But they saved me in the woods. He said branchs would bet caught up in them and cause me to crash. But I found that branchs will get caught in alot of parts so, Thats no reason to buy them. Plus, I found if you are riding a hill sideways in a tight section where tend to side toward the trees or something the nurfbars will stop something from get caughing the rear tire. You will be able to slide through instead.

Sportrax10
09-15-2002, 02:25 PM
they look pretty sweet too!:devil

Sick0
09-15-2002, 03:38 PM
to be honest, I bought mine at first because I thought they looked cool.

Stevo
09-15-2002, 10:10 PM
My feet have been saved many times with mine. I was racing at an oval track today and a raptor spun out and a guy on a warrior hit him with his front tire right into his foot peg. I'm not sure if the guy got hurt but i know he had to hit his foot. I just feel safer jumping and racing with mine!