PDA

View Full Version : 06 trx 450?

Waner
11-12-2006, 12:44 PM
I was just wondering if anyone here has traded their yfz450 and gone to the trx450? I have a 06 yfz 450 all tricked out and i was just thinking its time to try a honda. How was the transitison better or worse?

Supercup
11-12-2006, 03:30 PM
I had an 2005 YZF and went to a 2006 Honda. I like both, however I can't really compare, as the YZF I just did, bars, exhaust, air filter. The TRX has been fully done (motor, suspension, etc..) and it is awesome.

Duncan Racing did my TRX. They had done a Banshee for me and when I took them the YZF they recommended suspension only as reliability was one of my key criteria. They said the YZF was not as reliable as the TRX with motor work done, the Honda has more to give while the YZF was pretty maxed right from the factory. I needed more power for sure. So I sold the YZF and built a TRX and am in no way disappointed.

JCM

450r7
11-12-2006, 03:38 PM
i traded in my 2005 yfz with hmf slipon and airfilter and the 2006 trx has amore power and seems a good bit faster

lumi
11-12-2006, 04:52 PM
i own both and i like the trx which is really mine more. but alot of people are probably gonna say trx is better, power wise for the 06 trx i great, with the optional hrc kit, give u a whole bunch more power aswell. seems to me that there is alot of nic and naks to check and replace for the 06 yfz's like axle stripping and bolts coming loose inside the casing and so on.
if ur a bigger guy the trx will suit u better 100%

i would recommend trying to ride one before u do anything.good luck

-lumi