PDA

View Full Version : Almost Stock Jetting Help 1988 205r

jrothernel
11-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Need help with some jetting with my 1988 R. Motor is all stock including the reeds. Stock Carb. Running a FMF fatty pipe and power core silencer. the main jet in the carb is 50 and the needle clip is thrid from the top
I am having a hard time starting in fack it will not start at all. I have cleaded the carb and replace the fuel. I live in Ontario Canada so elevation is not really a propblem. Also in first geal last year the bike would burp and fart at about 1/4 throttle, but pull like hell on all other gears. Any way any help would be great.

250r4life
11-12-2006, 12:44 PM
your main jet isnt a 50...
your probably thinking of your pilot...
your main should be around 155-160...

with your set up you should pretty much be around stock jetting, with the exception of maybe a jet or 2 fatter on the main...

whats your compression?

250r4life
11-12-2006, 12:44 PM
ps- hows your spark plug, or your spark in general?

jrothernel
11-12-2006, 01:10 PM
I am not sure what my compression is, i do know that it is hard enough kick over, to make make mye think that I do not need to replace the top end. Also there is probley only about 30 hours or less since the lasst complete rebuild.
As for my spark I think it is ok nice and strong. I am using a NGK BR9es stark plug, it is kind of dark. making me think it is running a bit ritch.
I am wondering if is a flot problem. Because the bike will fire right up on the first kick if I spray Brake and combustion cleaner in the air box. But once the vapour is gone the motor bog out and dies.
Or is this still something with the carb. with the neddle clip position or the jets.
I have been thinking or switching to a different carb, what is a good carb for this bilke???