PDA

View Full Version : anyone in Tennessee!!!!!!!!!

B450r
11-12-2006, 10:22 AM
does anybody ride in tennessee, if so where at......

i live outside the memphis area and wondering if anybody rides out there......

tell me anymore places to ride in tennessee..........

THANX

450raider
11-12-2006, 02:13 PM
well i ride in tn/ky but i live just north of knoxville and theres not too many places to ride around here.

smr
11-13-2006, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by 450raider
well i ride in tn/ky but i live just north of knoxville and theres not too many places to ride around here.

You live just north of Knoxville and you said you don't have many places to ride....you need to get out more.

Windrock
jellico plains
I81 park
midsouth series heads up that way twice this year.

I know there is more that I missing.

As for the Memphis guy..You may want to try Turkey Bat at LBL. About a three hour drive but a great place to ride.

jeremytkoontz
11-13-2006, 06:17 AM
turkey bay is over rated.... I live about 45 mins from there.... The worst thing about that place is the never ending water holes and the fact that it stays busy with jeeps and buggies.... try stopping when you are running in 4th or 5th gear and a jeep pops over the next hill coming towards you.

We just went on a trip to a place called West Point tennessee.... by far the best place I've ever been to ride.... There is no possible way you could see all the trails in a weekend. The place is huge and not nearly as busy as turkey bay. It's about 2 hours south of nashville off of 65.

450raider
11-13-2006, 08:15 AM
smr, with all due respect iv been just about all over what jellico has to offer, and iv never heard of windrock by the way.

smr
11-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Some people call it Coal Creek,

http://www.coalcreekohv.com/

It's one of the biggest places in the country.

key
11-15-2006, 10:08 AM
Im from North West Tn and we like to go to the sand pits in Bruceton. I went down to Millington,TN about a month ago and rode at a place called Sugar Creek.

B450r
11-15-2006, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by key
Im from North West Tn and we like to go to the sand pits in Bruceton. I went down to Millington,TN about a month ago and rode at a place called Sugar Creek. [/QUOTE

i go ridin at sugarcreek just about every weekend...let me know next time yall go down there and maybe we can get together and go ride.......

key
11-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Yea Ill let you know next time were down there. Couple of my buddies work down there for Clarke. One rides with a big group of yellow Honda Ranchers. You know any of the Tates?

450Rchaser
11-16-2006, 11:51 AM
Westpoint is great. There are some crazy hills out there. Coal creek is more for a utility atv, IMO. Turkey Bay is great. I have had season passes for 2 years straight and love it. I rarely ever see trucks on the trails. I've seen pics of Sugar Creek and it looks awesome. I havent been riding in awhile. I kinda flipped my rhino and broke my leg. By the way, thats not my knee. Its my shin.

B450r
11-16-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by key
Yea Ill let you know next time were down there. Couple of my buddies work down there for Clarke. One rides with a big group of yellow Honda Ranchers. You know any of the Tates?

Yeah.....im pretty sure they are Liz and Austin Tate..... Do u know them?

chris bing
11-16-2006, 08:33 PM
i'm from northwest tn also. but i know of a place in north memphis to ride. it's near memphis motosports park. it's near raleigh-millington rd and fite rd. every weekend theres alot of people riding there when conditions are good. they actually park their trailers right next to a convenience store on ral-mil rd. about one mile from fite rd. there are some creek bottoms down there and have heard it's pretty good riding there. there are also trails at covington pike bottoms. not sure where they're located in memphis.http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p265/2007trx450erwhite/Picture403.jpg

B450r
11-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by chris bing
i'm from northwest tn also. but i know of a place in north memphis to ride. it's near memphis motosports park. it's near raleigh-millington rd and fite rd. every weekend theres alot of people riding there when conditions are good. they actually park their trailers right next to a convenience store on ral-mil rd. about one mile from fite rd. there are some creek bottoms down there and have heard it's pretty good riding there. there are also trails at covington pike bottoms. not sure where they're located in memphis.http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p265/2007trx450erwhite/Picture403.jpg

i hadnt been to that place on raleigh millington but i know wht ur talking about.....i have been to covington pike, i dont like it that much cuz its in a bad part of town and theres like glass and stuff all around...dont want to pop my tire.........are the creek bottoms off ral...millington wide open trails or like small skinny trails.....i like ridin in wide open trails

Bighead1
11-19-2006, 03:31 PM
I'm not from up there but I plan to head over to Coal Creek the day after thanksgiving. Ya'll said it's more for the UTE's, well I'm screwed. lol. Is it a one way thing up there or is it two way trails? I usually ride at Durhamtown down here in Georgia so if anybody has ridden at D-town is it anything like it or what. Any info would be appreciated.

450Rchaser
11-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Its 2 way trails. Very rough terrain. I take my 416ex there, but next time i go i'm takin the rhino. Very rocky, the park is huge. Its alot of fun though.

key
11-20-2006, 08:42 AM
I havnt met them but my Zach that lives down there has met them. Did you hear what happened to there house and them?

dfesmire
11-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Take a look @ www.midsouthmx.com to see info on quad friendly tracks in the Mid-South area.

MC79SOUTH
11-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by key
Im from North West Tn and we like to go to the sand pits in Bruceton. I went down to Millington,TN about a month ago and rode at a place called Sugar Creek.

Tell me more about these sand pits in Bruceton... is it free to ride? How is the riding? How do you get there? Thanks

key
11-20-2006, 04:23 PM
yea its free to ride. Theres a few trails. Alot have been washed out, but there being rode again. Some good mud holes. Alot of sand of course. It can be rode in a couple hours or so, its still a fun place to go. I go alot cause its not but 20 min from the house. Which way would you be coming from. Brucetons near Camden and Paris.

MC79SOUTH
11-20-2006, 04:40 PM
Sounds cool, I live up in Hendersonville so id probably come in on the 70. Is the place hard to find once I get into the town?

spent21
11-20-2006, 04:47 PM
MC79, i'm in South Nashville. where do you usually ride? what do you have? we go to Wooly's offroad park a lot, but plan on making a few trips to lbl and coal creek this comming year. i may even try my hand in the XC series, but that depends on if i can afford a few new goodies for my bike.

MC79SOUTH
11-20-2006, 05:55 PM
During the spring and summer i race mx at some of the tracks around like ballance mx and meadow creek. But me and my dad go trail riding up at LBL a lot too. I've been to Coal Creek once and 143 off-road a few times.. but we pretty much ride wherever we can. I ride my Rm125, my dads Rmz450 and his TRX450R. Yeah the XC races look fun for sure, id like to try that sometime too. What do you ride?

spent21
11-21-2006, 06:57 AM
i've been riding a 400ex lately. i messed my shoulder up racing mx a few years ago, but i still have my 250r. also in the garage is my first bike, the 250x. i haven't had the R out in over 3 years. it hasn't even been cranked in 2. i cleaned the carb out and bought a skid plate for it, but i just haven't gotten around to getting it out this year.

getmuddy
11-22-2006, 07:58 AM
There is also a place in Memphis that people call the Hatchie bottoms. It is close to Hwy 51 and Watkins. People usually park close to the Fire and Police Training academys and then ride through the bottoms. Lots of Mud and trails.

As for Sugar Creek, they are closed. Tipton County made them stop charging people while their case went to court, but people could ride for free. See it is illegal for the Tate's to run a business in a residential area. Then Austin Tate and his 3 sons got into some trouble and shot 3 people. They are facing felony charges of reckless endangerment and aggravated assault. I don't think you want to go around there right now. They are out on bond and will be arraigned Dec. 12. You can look all this up in the Commercial Appeal under the article "Fight led to Tipton Shootout" for November 19th.

B450r
11-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by getmuddy
There is also a place in Memphis that people call the Hatchie bottoms. It is close to Hwy 51 and Watkins. People usually park close to the Fire and Police Training academys and then ride through the bottoms. Lots of Mud and trails.

As for Sugar Creek, they are closed. Tipton County made them stop charging people while their case went to court, but people could ride for free. See it is illegal for the Tate's to run a business in a residential area. Then Austin Tate and his 3 sons got into some trouble and shot 3 people. They are facing felony charges of reckless endangerment and aggravated assault. I don't think you want to go around there right now. They are out on bond and will be arraigned Dec. 12. You can look all this up in the Commercial Appeal under the article "Fight led to Tipton Shootout" for November 19th.

a lot of people still go ridin at sugarcreek including me.......as a matter of fact im goin ridin there this weekend.....but yeah i did hear bout that shooting.......

CoDean45
11-26-2006, 07:45 PM
if you like to climb hills and ride trails. West Point is the place to be. It's a huge place also. I used to ride there on Sat. and Sun. and sometimes during the week when I was younger. Now that I'm older and a little more busy I ride there about every other weekend. I've been ridng there for 7 years and I still find something new everytime I go. There is no way you could see the whole place in one weekend, even if you rode both days. It's a good place to get hurt though. I've seen a lot of people get air lifted out of there. Usually its just stupidity that gets people hurt. Anyways, if anyone wants to ride there one weekend give me a shout and I'll give you directions, meet you there and show you around.

450Rchaser
11-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Yeah Westpoint is definitely helmets wearing territory. They have the craziest hills I've ever seen. I will go up 90% of them. The 10% I want go up are literally DANGEROUS. I've got balls but I'm not stupid when I ride. Although its my favorite place to ride, just a long wys from Carthage.

MC79SOUTH
11-27-2006, 06:01 PM
man i hate hill climbs on quads.. too easy to get hurt. ill try just about any hill on my dirtbike but quads roll when you cant make it to the top, bikes flop over and stop. lol. is westpoint all insane hill climbs or do they have good trails?

CoDean45
11-27-2006, 07:48 PM
There is everything from beginner to insane as far as hill climbing. It's actually a little to rocky for dirt bikes. Don't get me wrong you can ride them there. I've rode both there and I much rather ride my quad. I'm not to much of a hill climber either, I like to jump and ride trails a lot more. I used to like climbing hills until like you said the 4 wheeler beat my *** all the way down a hill one to many times. I just enjoy getting out and riding and enjoying the outdoors. It's a big stress reliever for me. I'll do something crazy every now and then but mostly just sit back and watch. Work is more important to me than showing everyone how big of balls I have. I've been hurt one to many times. The bosses frown a lot more when I get hurt than they used to. I guess they were getting tired of it. But west point has trails for days. There's no way you could ride all the trails in one weekend. The trails aren't wide enough for Jeeps or buggies. So you don't have to worry about topping a hill and having JEEP stamped on your forehead.

MC79SOUTH
11-27-2006, 08:39 PM
haha i know what you mean..

but thanks for the info the place sounds pretty sweet. i definatly got to check em out sometime before it gets too cold

400excaleb
11-28-2006, 05:29 PM
tell me some more about the sand pit

procircuit406ex
12-02-2006, 07:34 AM
In East Tennessee,

Windrock
Tellico
Jellico
I-81 MX
I-40 MX

I had a few more, but lost em'.

400excaleb
12-02-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by procircuit406ex
In East Tennessee,

Windrock
Tellico
Jellico
I-81 MX
I-40 MX

I had a few more, but lost em'.
iv never heard of tellico and jellico, where is this at and what type of ridin is there

procircuit406ex
12-02-2006, 09:35 AM
North and East Tennessee,trails.

CD400EX
12-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by 400excaleb
iv never heard of tellico and jellico, where is this at and what type of ridin is there

Tellico is on the NC/TN border and is very rocky. I go there every summer with my Jeep and this past year I brought my quad. It's too rough for a sports quad, but it would be perfect for a side-by-side or a utility quad.

blasterfreak99
12-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Has anyone ever heard or been to Royal Blue it is a great place to ride. If any one has ever been up that way i would say that you know where I am talking about. The exit is 134(which is where I live) but the next exit up is 141 and you can see Adult World from the interstate.You can get to royal blue from either exit but it is about 3-4 min. longer from 134 (well the way I ride lol)

matt4165
04-15-2007, 10:52 AM
anyone still ride at sugar creek

WB450r
04-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by matt4165
anyone still ride at sugar creek

yeah i do.....me and my dad still ride there......we no the owner liz and she lets us ride.....but not tht many ppl go there anymore cuz they think its closed.....but theres still a few ppl tht ride there......if u live anywhere near sugarcreek we can get together and go ridin one saturday or somthin cuz i live like 10 min away in brighton.........

matt4165
04-15-2007, 06:34 PM
yea we haven't been there in about a month, I live in bartlett and is like 45 minutes to sugarcreek so we go like every other weekend. Let me know next time you go ridin. I have a kfx400.

byrdman37876
04-15-2007, 06:57 PM
no body even mentioned my old haunt.

any body here heard of the look off?

matt4165
04-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by byrdman37876
no body even mentioned my old haunt.

any body here heard of the look off?

No where is it? Is it woods or something else?

WB450r
04-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by matt4165
yea we haven't been there in about a month, I live in bartlett and is like 45 minutes to sugarcreek so we go like every other weekend. Let me know next time you go ridin. I have a kfx400.

i think i no u.....if im not mistaken do u have a orange kfx 400.....and u go like every other weekn like u said.......i have a red 450r and my dad has a kx250.....we were gunna go ridin on sat but it rained and we didnt go but we are goin next sat if it doesnt rain.....

wb

byrdman37876
04-16-2007, 07:58 PM
the look off is on english mountain. i live right at the foot of the mountain and me and some other guys ride there in the summer.

kinda rocky at first then it turns into some pretty smooth riding.
whats real nice is when u make it to the top and see the veiw for miles.

it is named the look off after the big rock right on top of the mountain and people used to hang glide off of it. nice place to camp out also.

TORO1968
04-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Bump! :D

Are Sugar Creek and the sand pits in Bruceton still open?