PDA

View Full Version : tcs or elka

exrider44
11-12-2006, 08:07 AM
Has anyone had tcs on their 450r? Are they comparable to elka. I really want axis or pep but was wondering what everyone thinks of TCS and elka.

pudamac12
11-12-2006, 08:51 AM
I would get tcs in a heartbeat before elka. The only instance I would get elka would to order them from Gt Thunder or someone who is good at revalving them before they send them to you. Still before those I would suggest looking into motowoz shocks.

300exboy #15
11-12-2006, 07:32 PM
go with the elka they r the best shock u will ever buy best investment ever

treake
11-13-2006, 09:35 AM
I have two 450r's. One had Elka and they were the quad rate, hi/low speed compression with rebound adjustment, and when I put the 2nd together, I purchased the Fox shocks. Once I rode the one with Fox shocks, the first thing I did was go home and order a second set and sold the Elka's. Fox shocks are by far one of the best shocks on the market and as far as cost, it's pretty comparable to Elka. If your looking for a second choice, it would be PEP. I don't think you can put Elka or TCS in the same class as Fox or PEP. Fox has a very good turn around time when it comes to getting you the shocks. PEP is not known for their quick delivery and that's their biggest downfall. If your looking for an improvement over stock, then Elka is a fine choice, but if you want the best shock available, it's going to be Fox with PEP pulling a close second.