PDA

View Full Version : Time for my own website.....

Pappy
11-12-2006, 06:54 AM
With my employment surely coming to an end soon, I need to kick up the atv/ motorcycle/ anything work. With this in mind, I think it is time for my own website to promote my work and services to a broader group of folks etc. It is hard to get a bunch of Harley Guys to sign up to an ATV forum to view pics and wade through the many different threads in my section....not to mention the car guys, although I have had alot of them do it because they wanted to see what all I do.

Now I am not a computer person so I really have no idea what the heck I need. Something fairly basic...

1. Need to be able to post pics
2. Needs to have a small basic (very basic) forum
3. Need to handle banner ad's from other companies that want to advertise
4. Pricing page
5. Sponsored riders/clubs pages

I am sure I can think of a few more things i would like to have,but if anyone out there can assist me with this, including pricing, time table and help with managing it, i would appreciate it.

We are kicking the idea around (done kicking really. more like planning now)of building a mechanical shop now to have a completely seperate facility to wrench on all sorts of stuff so hopefully the needed growth can stem from the addition of more advertising.

Thanks for any input and help!

exrider008
11-12-2006, 07:08 AM
papay, let me talk to my friend later today and i will see if he can help you out. He makes web sites and he also dose graphic design.

if you have an AIM give it to me and i will tell him to talk to you on it.

some of his work http://www.tabunightclub.com/home.htm

XCAdam89
11-12-2006, 10:47 AM
I could probably help you out, but I'd have to check on it. I'm doing a site for my church right now, so time is kind of limited.

It doesn't sound like you need anything too extravagant though.

mine
11-12-2006, 11:11 AM
hey pappy this is marshmello, i dont post alot on here any more because my other user name got banned. this is my shcool user name. If you need any help with the site just let me know. my dad (max olivier) did the whole site for dan at bpg.

www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com

My dad helps dan out all the time and he is always there for him if he needs help with the site.

Quote by dan

"Thanks to Max Oliver of New Jersey for designing and building the new website. Max its a hit, thanks a million for all your time and work and patientce with me."

Pappy
11-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by XCAdam89
I could probably help you out, but I'd have to check on it. I'm doing a site for my church right now, so time is kind of limited.

It doesn't sound like you need anything too extravagant though.

i thought about your site when I considered this, very very close to what i want. Not as much for the forum side, but close to what you have built.

Pappy
11-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by mine
hey pappy this is marshmello, i dont post alot on here any more because my other user name got banned.

LMAO, what did you do? nevermind, pm me..lol

XCAdam89
11-12-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i thought about your site when I considered this, very very close to what i want. Not as much for the forum side, but close to what you have built.

PM me some details, and I'll get a few screenshots together for you.

Pappy
11-12-2006, 12:13 PM
LOL...I wish I knew more, but what i posted is what I would like. I have zero knowledge in this stuff, just the end result of what I would like.

I would like someone to be able to go to the site, find a homepage with a few shots of the different items we work on, have different sections that have pricing and descriptions of the type of work we preform, a small forum section breaking down the items (atv's , street bikes, bmx, watercraft, automobile, firearms etc) so that anyone with open questions could ask or chat about them etc.

Basic, but well done, just like ACR. I have no idea what this costs a month, or what you or someone charges to lay it all out etc....but it needs to be done.

XCAdam89
11-12-2006, 12:30 PM
You can find hosting for around $30-40 a year, depending where you go, and how big of a plan you'd like. A domain will be around $10, and then however much someone charges you.

I'll throw together a few ideas for you, and then let you decide what you like.

orca0294
11-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by XCAdam89
You can find hosting for around $30-40 a year, depending where you go, and how big of a plan you'd like. A domain will be around $10, and then however much someone charges you.

I'll throw together a few ideas for you, and then let you decide what you like.
not to sure where your finding hosting for $2.50-$3.33 a month but don't cheap out on your hosting company. If your looking into an online store also it will go up quite a bit considering you need the store/hosting and the payment gateway. A domain will come with most of the hosting companies.

Good luck and if you need any help with some of the website I think I could contribute. Also, whoever is designing this site what program are you using? Dreamweaver etc..

YFZRB
11-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Pappy - I was looking to do the same thing for my business, but no forums. I know you're real busy, but after you look through stuff people are sending you, could you PM me or forward info you get. Thanks

Pappy
11-12-2006, 05:01 PM
10-4 Rich, I need website for dummies and i'd be set:p

Mc. Muffin
11-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Check with this guy...

Email (Shane@Crath.com)

Pappy
11-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Mc. Muffin
Check with this guy...

Email (Shane@Crath.com)

Screw that chump

Dan_Guetter
11-13-2006, 01:50 AM
We'll your in luck...

Im offering my services full time...

I'll explain later...but if you need something done, IM me and we can get rolling.

firefighterjosh
11-13-2006, 10:32 PM
Pappy,

I am sending you a PM:)

Kickstarts-suck
11-13-2006, 10:51 PM
have you made a myspace for it yet?

i see alot of people doing that

then get one of those "auto people adders"