PDA

View Full Version : Clutch and Thumb Thottle are Really Hard! How do I Loosen?

395Rider
11-12-2006, 12:31 AM
I just ran the Elsinore Grand Prix and tired my hands out due to my stock suspension, tight thumb throttle, and the clutch hand lever.

How do you loosen the hand lever so it is easier to pull in?

Is there a way to loosen the thumb throttle?

Are there new clutches or thumb throttles on the market that are easier to work with?

prepracing
11-12-2006, 09:10 AM
you can get ASR or any other brand easy pull clutch levers that make the clutch easier to pull, or you may just need to lube your clutch cable or possibly get a new cable. The throttle cable can be lubricated also. Also you can adjust your throttle cable position on your bars where you don't have to push it so far to get wide open position. Also sounds like you had arm pumps which will make them seem hard no matter what you do to them.

11-12-2006, 09:40 AM
Pep and many other make a clutch lever that makes pulling in 30% easier.

Were the clutch cable hooks up to the motor, that little arm well they make aftermarket ones that make it easier to pull the clutch lever in.

I heard of people taking a spring out of the throttle and it makes it easier to push.
Also i heard of people putting honda thumb throtles on their yfz's and its alot easier.
You could but a aftermarket throttle lever that is longer and you use your palm to give it throttle.

Could also go with twist

parkers30
11-12-2006, 09:58 AM
making sure your cables are in good shape is more important than anything, keep up on lubing them or replace them

SwainRacing
11-12-2006, 10:55 AM
I use a finger throttle and Rekluse Clutch. These help with arm pump alot. Finger throttle works real easy and with the rekluse you dont have to use the clutch unless you want to.