PDA

View Full Version : anyone..

orca0294
11-11-2006, 10:17 PM
I always think about riding and about my future of wanting to race but I just crashed last weekend and crashed a few times before that but not as bad. I didn't get to hurt but as most of you have seen the pictures my quad was kinda mangled. Lately, all I think about is all these people that get so hurt in our sport and becoming a parapalegic seems so common in our sport. I've always been into riding since I've been 5. It just sucks hearing about all the accidents or horrible wrecks that happen in our sport. Does this stuff ever hit you guys when your thinking about riding?

SnowFlake
11-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Yea i know i what u mean.. I think about it sometimes but you ahve to realize it is a dangerous sport and people are going to get hurt. But it that does not stop me from riding every weekend i love it to much

coolguy8769
11-11-2006, 10:29 PM
well i know now when ever anyone mentions someone being paralized i get this really scary feeling, seeing i almost became one...

but i love this sport more then anything. i played baseball for 12 years, it got boring and i moved on. i played basketball for 6 years and my first two years of high school, its got boring i moved on.

Racing is one thing that i dont get bored doing, and i am acctully really good at it (despite what nick says:rolleyes: haha)

you learn from mistakes and from other's mistakes. You do think about it but i couldn't imagine my life with out motocross....

then again when I think about being paralized I see the other side of the story :ermm:

Pappy
11-12-2006, 06:41 AM
JJ's wreck and injury polarized this issue, along with others this year that met a similiar fate.

We get asked all the time how we can allow or kids to race, and I respond usually with a comparison to football. Many many young players are paralized playing football, yet each year the fields are full of those playing who's parents would never allow them to ride an atv. The injuries are similiar, risks are actually about the same, so it comes down to what you're willing to allow in your childs lifestyle.

All you can do is enjoy the sport, know YOUR limitations, wear all the safety gear and use your head.

MX MaNiAc 06
11-12-2006, 06:44 AM
I just try not to think about it.

Ruby Soho
11-12-2006, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
JJ's wreck and injury polarized this issue, along with others this year that met a similiar fate.

We get asked all the time how we can allow or kids to race, and I respond usually with a comparison to football. Many many young players are paralized playing football, yet each year the fields are full of those playing who's parents would never allow them to ride an atv. The injuries are similiar, risks are actually about the same, so it comes down to what you're willing to allow in your childs lifestyle.

All you can do is enjoy the sport, know YOUR limitations, wear all the safety gear and use your head.

thats a good comparison

cop292
11-12-2006, 06:56 AM
Both of my kids ride and play other sports as well, including football. We have witnessed more injuries in the "stick and ball" sports than on the track or at the recreational riding areas. I agree with Pappy, if you ride within YOUR limitations you are less likely to get injured.

orca0294
11-12-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by coolguy8769
well i know now when ever anyone mentions someone being paralized i get this really scary feeling, seeing i almost became one...

but i love this sport more then anything. i played baseball for 12 years, it got boring and i moved on. i played basketball for 6 years and my first two years of high school, its got boring i moved on.

Racing is one thing that i dont get bored doing, and i am acctully really good at it (despite what nick says:rolleyes: haha)

you learn from mistakes and from other's mistakes. You do think about it but i couldn't imagine my life with out motocross....

then again when I think about being paralized I see the other side of the story :ermm:
good comparison but I'd have to say going 50 mph off a 60 foot double with 375 pounds putting you on that landing has a much larger risk than a couple hundred pounds coming at you at 6 or 7 mph

JRP
11-12-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

agreed.:)

Ruby Soho
11-12-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by orca0294
good comparison but I'd have to say going 50 mph off a 60 foot double with 375 pounds putting you on that landing has a much larger risk than a couple hundred pounds coming at you at 6 or 7 mph

i was argueing with my friend about which sport is more dangerous. granted they both are, but he kept telling me football was rougher and you could get hurt way more.

then i said exactly what you said, about the double, and he kind of just shut up:)

firefighterjosh
11-13-2006, 11:06 PM
In high school I got injured more in soccer then I have on a ATV.:o