PDA

View Full Version : short rod to long rod conversion

KY250r
11-11-2006, 08:45 PM
i got my conversion done last night and rode today with a few kinks left to fix. the biggest problem was a lose chain but i fixed that fast. i did that cause one it was lose and makin the 4 wheeler feel like it was jerkin, after fixin that problem it no longer jerked. all 4 nuts titened fine except the left front, the nut i think is stripped so for today i loctited it snug. tommorow i will pull it off and see if i need new nut or stud. hopefully just the nut. i had to grind some on the left stud hole to make it shorter for the stud to clear as im using the stock studs. worked fine. i got a small leak on the top gasket on the front let side just a small bubble, nothing major. i will be fine after i put a gasket sealer on it and a new nut or stud. other than that the diff is night and day. the powerband is so much more broad than a short rod. its worth the time and money. it was a good ride and a stronger running quad all together. i think if i keep havin leaks afer the nut or stud i will just order a 89 piston and use it without the plate for a leak free motor. but i gota thank flees for the spacer plate and dan hung for the crank. both of them are great sellers.
Ty

KY250r
11-13-2006, 01:06 PM
put a new nut on it and it does not leak anymore. all the power is awesome. it seems liek a new bike. me nad my buddy were ridin against eachother yesterday after i fixed all the kinks it had left. he has a 05 450r and i was keepin up with him, but both bikes are stock.