PDA

View Full Version : 250x carburetor ?

250x Ron
11-11-2006, 08:00 PM
I repainted my ATV so when I removed my motor I removed the carb from the motor and now im having probs with it.

1st? is, there are two spots on the carb (not fuel inlet) where a hose connects too. do they get connected together and if they don't where do they go.

2nd ?, the set screw under the carb is that idle mixture screw or high speed mixture screw? im having prob with it not starting ive cleaned the carb and jets out and no luck I hope I can get some help
Thanks Ron

250x Ron
11-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Well due to cash flow I can not afford to buy a 400ex carb at this time so in the mean time I would like to ride my ATV until I can buy a new carb. it was the idle screw that I was asking about but seeing you brought up the main jet why is there a lock nut on it is it adjustable and if so how many turns should it be thanks for the help Kickstart Oh and by the way NICE RIDE you have there

GPracer2500
11-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Make sure your fuel screw is not screwed in all the way. That would most likely keep it from starting. It should be somewhere between 1.5 to 2.5 turns out from lightly seated. Note that the fuel screw is a different screw from the throttle stop screw (idle adjustment screw).

http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/assets/schematics/Honda/HJ100025.gif
#6 is the fuel screw
#11 is the throttle stop screw (idle adjuster)
#32 is the main jet
#33 is the pilot jet

There is no high speed mixture screw on that carb. Two stroke personal watercraft carburetors are the only ones that come to mind that have high speed fuel screws.

250x Ron
11-12-2006, 04:50 AM
Thanks so much this all helps ill keep ya posted on progress

Ron

250x Ron
11-12-2006, 05:37 PM
OK i soaked the carb for a couple hr. then use compressed air blow it out cleaned all the jets put back together adjusted the mixture screw started with 1 1/2 turns put it on the bike put hoses on started first kick let it warm up adjusted idle and mixture and took it for its first ride after 2 months ran great here is a pic of my bike nothing to fancy I trail ride alot thanks again for all the help im glad i found this site Ron

250x Ron
11-12-2006, 05:41 PM
pic was to big ill try again