PDA

View Full Version : Freezer just got filled....

Pappy
11-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Well, it's not full yet, I usually try and get around 20 deer a season to feed us for the year, but the boys helped me today by taking 2 during the Youth Hunting Day.

We only saw these 2 right before dark, would have been nice to see huge racks, but they are hard to get into the stew pot:p

I got a nice sized spike (thought it was a doe) right at dark last night with my bow.

ShiftFMX
11-11-2006, 07:07 PM
Yummm....:p

400exrida06
11-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Way to go guys, i cant waite to get back out hunting theres a huge buck in my bush but he's very old and wise ahah.

Pappy
11-11-2006, 07:12 PM
This is Ryans second deer, not bad for an 8 year old. He pulled a great neck shot at just over 70 yards.

Cody had a chip shot as the little doe was only about 20 yards from him.

skatrdude20
11-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Nice kills you two...Its good to see theres still some young kids wanting to hunt. I shot a 11 point this year but the rack was disformed...But meat is meat right? :p

Aceman
11-11-2006, 07:19 PM
20 deer a season? Do you have a limit? I don't hunt but around here they draw tags and probably can only get maybe 2 deer/elk per season per person.

Pappy
11-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
20 deer a season? Do you have a limit? I don't hunt but around here they draw tags and probably can only get maybe 2 deer/elk per season per person.

between the 2 states i hunt, i think i can legally kill almost 40, and with crop damage permits i can kill as many as i can shoot

700bRad
11-11-2006, 07:26 PM
Went out today and saw 12, the ravine my blind sits on is HOT right now. Saw a few bucks chasing does but none of them were shooters.

Quadfather
11-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Here's a little buck for you

Quadfather
11-11-2006, 09:45 PM
another shot

Quadfather
11-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Our deer gun week doesn't start for a couple weeks yet. I'm still filling my freezer with these, but there isn't much room left for deer meat.

Pappy
11-12-2006, 05:21 AM
There are a few of that class buck around here (MD that is) Damn nice no matter where it is!

Ive seen some monsters in OH and especially in Indiana when we went to the Ironman race. My boss goes to Iowa and a few friends run off to Canada looking for wallhangers:p I never get enough time off or have the money to travel and hunt, but enjoy it all just the same:p I think 2 factors help a few of those states, shotgun only states, and vast amounts of farm land. In MD, the eastern shore produces large bucks every year, and a few (very few) from the western portion of the state. In the middle, there is no real way many bucks can make it past 4 or 5 without someone atleast getting a crack at them.

Guy400
11-12-2006, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
...would have been nice to see huge racks... You could've gone to the jiggly room:eek:

:devil:

Nice scores for the kids. I'm personally not a hunter but love venison. Too bad my wife doesn't like it.

Pappy
11-12-2006, 05:35 AM
I went to a jiggly room one time when we were hunting WAY WAY down in WV a number of years back....never again. There were things that happened in there that I did not know could happen with people I wouldnt have ever wanted to see in some of those positions:chinese:

Lets say a half dollar diappeared and no fingers were used:tired:

Guy400
11-12-2006, 05:38 AM
I went to a jiggly room one time when we were hunting WAY WAY down in WV a number of years back....never again. There were things that happened in there that I did not know could happen with people I wouldnt have ever wanted to see in some of those positions:chinese:

Lets say a half dollar diappeared and no fingers were used:tired: LMFAO...I know how you feel. When I was 17 years old I was a busboy at a local Italian eatery. My manager took me to a bachelor party, told them I was legit and then purposefully made the girls do things to me right there in the middle of the room just to see how embarrassed I could get. Obviously, I've been scarred for life and have only attended 1 bachelor party since then, my best friend's.

Quadfather
11-12-2006, 07:01 AM
Here's one a guy I duck hunt with shot last week. 300 pound monster.

Quadfather
11-12-2006, 07:02 AM
Another shot

Pappy
11-12-2006, 07:02 AM
LOL..thats damn near a Moose:D

700bRad
11-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Thats what I was gonna say, that thing is a bruiser. Look at the mass on the G-3's.

dopeyferree
11-12-2006, 09:04 AM
Isnt the weight limit on those front racks only about 80 lbs. :D

Nice deer. I shot a 6 pt opening day of black powder and havnt made it back to the woods yet.

prepracing
11-12-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Quadfather
Here's one a guy I duck hunt with shot last week. 300 pound monster.

what the hec do they breed with up there........elk :confused: thats the biggest body deer I have ever seen, not to mention the huge rack :eek2:

Pappy......all that deer meat your feedin those boys may be their secret to hitting all those big jumps :devil:

Quad18star
11-12-2006, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Aceman

I was gunna say the same . 20 deer? :eek2: pappy , I'll send you my adress , the only deer meat I ever get is from ym uncle , and it's usually about 2 lbs of hamburger meat . :ermm:

Quadfather ... those are some nice walleye . Fishing is my specialty . :devil: We landed a few nice ones this season , the old man netted a 9lb 6oz this season . Nice size !!!!

I haven't gotten my moose yet . :(

Pappy
11-12-2006, 01:28 PM
LOL, the east coast (mid atlantic area) is over run with deer. They have adapted well to urban sprawl and can be found everywhere. I owrk all around the washington dc area and it is not uncommon to see HUGE bucks eating in between townhouses! The small islands of land around highway off ramps usually contain several deer, the highways are littered with them from being hit. This time of year it is common to see 5 or 6 fresh road kills on the way and home from work....sometimes 3 or 4 dead within feet of each other.

Hunting is great IF you can get permission, thats why bow hunting is so popular here. I know scores of folks that sneak into areas that border neighborhoods, schools, hospitals you name it, and hunt. One of the farms I hunt was so over run with deer that the farmer almost gave up on farming. Working with the DNR and getting them killed off was key to saving his livelyhood. It was nothing to see over 100 deer in a day, everyday. I have killed as many as 4 deer from the same stand in the same evening with a bow! It was almost to easy but it needed to be done. Now the numbers are more in check and we try and have a kill of around 50 deer a year now. In that county, one can legally kill 2 bucks and 10 does.

MOFO
11-12-2006, 01:46 PM
LOL, the east coast (mid atlantic area) is over run with deer. They have adapted well to urban sprawl and can be found everywhere.

Your not kidding either. I live about 5-10 min from downtown Pittsburgh and there are probably about 15-20 deer around my house... given I do have about 5-7 acres surrounding, but still... the population needs to be decreased in Western PA...

Even around my parents place up north, its WAY over poplulated... more and more are becoming road kill.

Quadfather
11-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star

Quadfather ... those are some nice walleye . Fishing is my specialty

I live for walleye fishing. I fish Lake Erie 3-4 times a week. I broke the 500 walleye mark (for this season) on friday.

Here I am with a pair of 9 pounders

300excrazy98
11-12-2006, 06:14 PM
This is Ryans second deer, not bad for an 8 year old. He pulled a great neck shot at just over 70 yards.

Cody had a chip shot as the little doe was only about 20 yards from him.

What kind of gun did Ryan kill that with?

Pappy
11-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by 300excrazy98
What kind of gun did Ryan kill that with?

A few years back, when Cody started deer hunting, I had a browning A bolt in .243 modified to fit him. It has a shortened stock and recoil pad, but with the boss system it feels like a .22

cletusEX
11-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Tell the boys congrats! You'll have to let me know if your gonna make it down to the eastern shore during gun season, I'd still like to try and get you a shot at a sika deer.

Pappy
11-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Nick, I am coming this year hell or high water! I am feeling pretty good and work can kiss my ***!

cletusEX
11-13-2006, 06:28 AM
Nick, I am coming this year hell or high water! I am feeling pretty good and work can kiss my ***!

Haha, that's what I like to hear!:D

gbcap
11-13-2006, 07:11 AM
eastern shore hunting is so often over looked. there are some nice deer down there!

Quad18star
11-13-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Quadfather
I live for walleye fishing. I fish Lake Erie 3-4 times a week. I broke the 500 walleye mark (for this season) on friday.

Here I am with a pair of 9 pounders

Now that's what I'm talking about .

I don't have any pictures of some of the larger fish we caught on digital camera ( all on rolls of film) , but we netted a few nice ones .

Here's a couple pan fryers that we caught in a matter of just over an hour using tiny bits of worms ( the store was closed to buy them) . LOL . Nowhere near yours , but it made for a nice snack at nigth and in the morning !!!
They ranged from about 1 1/2lbs to 3lbs. Perfect eaters!!!!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/Quad18star/IMG_0387.jpg