PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question on Durablue Axles

Live2Ride300
09-11-2002, 12:28 PM
Has anybody actually had good luck with them?

QuadRacer041
09-11-2002, 04:43 PM
well this is the nick name they have recieved, "DURABREAK" that anwser your question??
go with rpm

Live2Ride300
09-11-2002, 05:00 PM
lol, Ive heard that everywhere. Are durabreaks even stronger then stock or what?

stocktires
09-11-2002, 05:18 PM
I've had great luck with both of mine. It seems like im the only one that has though. But believe me, I put them through their fair share of abuse (On my 300ex and my R)

trx400ex
09-11-2002, 05:33 PM
i have had good look with mine, but i just sold it..

forum
09-12-2002, 03:49 PM
I don't get why people bash Durablue. It must be cause theres more out there so more get broke. ..Thats all i can figure. If you go to there site and read certain things they realy seem like they are their for the costumer. I have had mine a long time and it's held up realy good. and I bought it used. Everyone around here uses Durablue. And no it's not cause we can't get anything else up here, we live in Iglo's you know... Some people swear by them up here. One of the guys i race with hates his RPM. the splines are all screwed and it's all loose around the hubs and whatnot. I personaly don't like Lonstaer because they chaged there name in order to ditch out on alot of waranties for people. I think they were called JP. Maybe i've been miss informed. EIther way. You can't really go 100% on what people say on the net. Just make sure you buy something you feel is good after doing lots and lots of research. and not just one persons horror stories.

400exBro
09-12-2002, 07:46 PM
The other thing i don't get is why do the top racer (almost all of them) use the durablue axle?? sponser ship??

i kind of like the lsr axle, but it is a bit*h to find in canada except at splash n dirt, all the companies around here sell durablue axles, i find that they are okay but lsr has TRUE life time warrenty, and you can adjust it......

other than that, it is the rider not the axle that will cause it to break (unless it is weak material) matiance is what is called.....
Bro

Big - D Racing
09-12-2002, 09:33 PM
I run Durablue, and i have rode quite hard in it, on moto-x tracks, Glamis dunes, and everything in between no problems what so ever.

ChadEXer
09-13-2002, 10:01 AM
Dura Blue axles are good axles!! I agree with forum, there are way more of them than any axle out there and thats why you here about them breaking!! I have had great luck with mine!

QuadRacer041
09-13-2002, 12:11 PM
from my experience, DURABREAK SUCK! i know way too many people who have snapped them, one freind broke his in a whoop section, when it broke his chain scratched the crap out of his new roll no-link swingarm and durablue didnt want to know anything, they just said thats too bad.

Big - D Racing
09-13-2002, 01:36 PM
O know some one who snapped a lonestar and a rpm what's your point. All of them can break given the right circumstances, however you hear of durablue because more people ride them, than lonestar. If most people owned lonestar, you would be haering more stories and then you would be say Durablue rules, and LoneSUCK suck. All axles are really close in comparsion. The only reason I like lonestar is their warranty is better, but the axel is no stronger.

Sportrax10
09-13-2002, 01:55 PM
what are the prices on each of them? if i were to buy one it would be lsr depending on price... does leager make one?

Live2Ride300
09-13-2002, 02:14 PM
Im not sure if Leager makes an axle. Ive never heard of a Leager axle. The lonestar is around 300 bucks.

400exBro
09-17-2002, 05:45 PM
are the elimantors adjustable???
thnxs
Bro

stocktires
09-17-2002, 05:47 PM
yes, I think every aftermarket axle is adjustable, all durablues are for sure