PDA

View Full Version : Dont You Just Love hearing Idiots Talk

TCracin440ex
11-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Well i was at a party the other night and this one dude was talking bout he had a banshee with a hotcams stage 2 cam in it with aftermarket powerbands and im just sitting there thinking you big dumb *** if you only had a clue is to 2 strokes dont have cams....and this other dude said he had polaris scrambler 400 with aftermarket powerbands and he said it would run my 450r....im sitting there thinking you are a bunch of idiots....i just kept my mouth shut but its just funny listening to ppl talk that think they know everything and what they are talking bout

Honda#4
11-11-2006, 02:00 PM
i think them people should take a class about 2 strokes and get a clue what they are talking about.

Rico400
11-11-2006, 02:09 PM
lol yea i know what u guys mean.... I was pealing of honda stickers on my 450r one day right, and i threw one on my dads banshee, it was silver and it looked like the banshee actually came from the factory with it.

So i go down to the dunes one day and im unloadings my dads banshee and this guy comes up and starts talking to me about how nice this honda was and was thinking about getting one.

Another time i was camping out there and a guy comes up on a 300ex and is telling me how it goes about 75 mph in the flats.

MX MaNiAc 06
11-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Hotcam in a banshee.. thats one of the better ones ive heard.

Theres a kid i rode with a couple times that lies soo much. He says his motor is different every time i talk to him. Sometimes he will even change his motor in the same conversation. :rolleyes:

mxdave28
11-11-2006, 03:01 PM
aftermarket powerbands eh? buahahahahahahha

to bad half of us werent at this party we could have had SO much fun!:devil:

TCracin440ex
11-11-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by mxdave28
aftermarket powerbands eh? buahahahahahahha

to bad half of us werent at this party we could have had SO much fun!:devil:

i know....i didnt say nothin but i was laughin my *** off inside....and the cam thing really got me...i was gettin ready to give dude the dunce hat...

TheFontMaster
11-11-2006, 03:07 PM
I met this one guy riding a couple years ago, he was riding a scrambler 500, in full riding gear. The quad was spray painted neon colors, orange, yellow, green, and I think some pink thrown into the mix. He said he raced it in MX and could keep up with the dirt bikes on a motocross track. Me and all my friends that were there knew he was so full of *****. When we asked him if he wanted to drag race he just said na, I just want to cruse around today.....:o

mx1791
a mechanic at the suzuki/yamaha/honda dealer where i bought my quad came up to one of the sales people and asked if a banshee was a two stroke, and he was dead serious.... i dont let them fix my stuff anymore

TCracin440ex
next time imma be like yea my 450r has the new k&n piston, and lonestar cam...with a itp jet kit and works performance air filter and an elka handlebars....posers suck so bad...and thats exactly what these guys were...

mxdave28
11-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I met this one guy riding a couple years ago, he was riding a scrambler 500, in full riding gear. The quad was spray painted neon colors, orange, yellow, green, and I think some pink thrown into the mix. He said he raced it in MX and could keep up with the dirt bikes on a motocross track. Me and all my friends that were there knew he was so full of *****. When we asked him if he wanted to drag race he just said na, I just want to cruse around today.....:o

there was a guy that raced a scram 500 at one of our local tracks...this thing was by no means not stock and it was fast. he pulled the holeshot every time and usually placed in the top 3 unless he broke something.

TheFontMaster
11-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by mxdave28
there was a guy that raced a scram 500 at one of our local tracks...this thing was by no means not stock and it was fast. he pulled the holeshot every time and usually placed in the top 3 unless he broke something.

well the one I'm talking about was stock.

exrider008
11-11-2006, 03:33 PM
i have no clue what you guys find so funny about a aftermarket powerband...i have a stage3 in my 400ex :eek2: i also have v-force reeds. i can beat 4 stroke zillas and shees all day long.

underpowered
11-11-2006, 03:38 PM
try working at a motorcycle shop. i hear some of teh stupidest stuff ftrom customers. everyone that walks through the door has the baddest bike ever made but has no clue on what is in the motor. I actually tole one guy to check teh clearance on his kanooter valve once cause he was making me mad. he told me the honda shop did that and adjusted it for him. i have heard em all. we get calls, serious calls, asking for powerbands and such all the time.

TCracin440ex
11-11-2006, 04:50 PM
the one i really hate the most is hearing ppl talk about how fast their quad will run....oh yea my banshee was clocked in at 115 in 4th gear with 2 more to go

LTZ400rider
11-11-2006, 05:35 PM
i never heard any1 talk about buyin powerbands, but i called my local shop and asked if they had oem cams for a banshee and i had them on the phone for 15 minutes before they told me all the have is reeds

11-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
next time imma be like yea my 450r has the new k&n piston, and lonestar cam...with a itp jet kit and works performance air filter and an elka handlebars....posers suck so bad...and thats exactly what these guys were...

lol

TCracin440ex
11-12-2006, 08:22 PM
wow who would have thought this guy would have came to post on my thread....go figure

2004-400ex
11-12-2006, 08:50 PM
it is fun talking back them and giving them even more bull**** back and they belive you