PDA

View Full Version : Custom axis titanium piggyback

mxracer
11-11-2006, 10:29 AM
Does someone tried these shocks and have tried the others(PEP,FOX...) to compare?

Thanks

fandl450r
11-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Haven't ridden the Evols, but I love my Titanium piggybacks! They handle like a dream, had some PEP's before as well!

xsr_racing28c
11-13-2006, 07:09 AM
I've had all of them trust me!! :devil:

On my yfz i run Ti Piggyback Custom Axis shocks and love em'!!!

I've had everything on my 450r included PEP Big Bottle 8 Click ARC's, Fox Evols, Elka Quadrates with Comp/Reb, Custom Axis Lt Comp/Reb.........

I'd have to say on the 450r it's a toss up between the Fox Evols and the PEP big bottle arc's.....

I've ridden YFZ's before with Evols, Elka Comp/Reb, and Custom Axis Ti and by far I think the Custom Axis Ti's are nicer than the Evols and Elkas, but its all rider opinion.

If you get a high dollar shock that is set up for YOU then you can't really go wrong.

~Jay

mxracer
11-13-2006, 08:17 AM
I had PEP ARC on my YFZ so you think The custom AXIS Ti will be as good?

Do you have the back also? one rate ?

xsr_racing28c
11-13-2006, 09:16 AM
I think the Custom Axis Piggys will be up to par with the PEP arcs if setup properly.

At the time when my quad was being built, the Axis rear Ti wasn't available yet, so i just have the Dual Rate Comp/reb adj....

I'm possibly going to be switching over to the single rate Ti spring over the course of the winter though. ~Jay

mxracer
11-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Do you know why they use dual rate for front and single for rear vs triple and dual when its titanium springs?

fandl450r
11-14-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by mxracer
Do you know why they use dual rate for front and single for rear vs triple and dual when its titanium springs?

The elasticity of the titanium is much different than steel. The dual and single titanium springs act similiar to their steel counterparts.

mxracer
11-15-2006, 10:14 AM
There are not a lot of people who tried them...so now I have 2 very good comment (1 yfz and 1 honda)

but I'm looking for these shocks on ltr and a guy who had a set made a very bad comment on these shocks on another forum that after 3 times revalved by AXIS they were not good so he sold them to buy noleen and is very happy with them.

So I'm not sure....Does someone tried them on a ltr?