PDA

View Full Version : ltr or trx 450

dallas
11-11-2006, 07:20 AM
idk i lyk the ltr but i rode my couzins trx and i love the hing i just dont know how good the ltr is vs the trx plz comment back

exrider44
11-11-2006, 10:53 AM
Try to find someone who has the ltr and ride it. Its all about what you prefer. Your asking a question in a 450r forum your most likely answer is get the 450R

dallas
11-11-2006, 10:59 AM
i kno but lyk i ride my couzins i lyk it buty idk if the ltr motor is better than the trx and handling and stuff

jtjpilot
11-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Is that ebonics? I have no idea what you typed.

Coolidge
11-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by jtjpilot
Is that ebonics? I have no idea what you typed.

^^^^what he said^^^^ :confused:

dallas
11-11-2006, 11:44 AM
my keyboard is broke.. i said that is the ltr motor better than the trx, i lyk my cousins trx but i never rode a ltr, i dont know how good it is

450R_lover
11-11-2006, 12:41 PM
well.. i've got an 04' trx w/k&n,nmotion exhaust, hotcam stage 2, and ive got it jetted. I raced a new ltr with a slip on dmc alien exhaust, no lid, k&n, and a cherry bomb. it would be even 1st through about the middle of third gear, then i would start pulling about at the top of third, through 5th. when we were both topped out for about 2 sec. i would be about 2-3 quad lengths ahead. i like the trx engine myself. jmo

honda4life72
11-11-2006, 04:20 PM
i beat my freinds stock ltr on my stock 450r..... plus if you get a ltr and something breaks it is hard to find and has all them sensers and u have to hook it to a computer to find out if it is electro problem or a engine problem( thats what had to be done to my freinds after 3 weeks then in the next twos weeks the shock leagage broke off ,,but they fixed that on the new ones)

CHEVYZ
11-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Questions like this are often quite hard to answer. Just about everybody has a different opinion when it comes to a subject like this, but if you want mine, here it is......

First of all, either of these bikes are great choices, and both of them have their good and bad points. For an easy to race MX bike, the LTR is a great choice. It has great handling and componets right off of the showroom floor. Not hard to make into a racer, and it has proven to be a pretty reliable bike.

For engine, I have to give it to Honda. I have not been beaten on my 450r by an LTR to date. I am also not a big fan of EFI. I have to give it to the LTR that it is an all around smooth bike, though.

Personally, I prefer the characteristics of the TRX, but I would also have to agree that I am somewhat biased.

rollie
11-11-2006, 06:27 PM
i was in the same sitiuation a few weeks ago, i went with the 450R and im glad i did, i couldnt decide and the honda is way easier to work on and the suzuki is having tranny problems, so the honda was the best for me, and i love the feel of it

DirtDevilBT
11-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by rollie
i was in the same sitiuation a few weeks ago, i went with the 450R and im glad i did, i couldnt decide and the honda is way easier to work on and the suzuki is having tranny problems, so the honda was the best for me, and i love the feel of it
Do you have any qoutes or dealer receipts showing tranny problems? Can I get a link to any threads about suzuki tranny problems. Thanks:ermm:

Gumby46
11-12-2006, 03:15 AM
I would vote for the TRX, but try your best to get your hands on an LTR if you're interested in them, that way you wont doubt yourself.

ChrisSekerak
11-12-2006, 06:49 PM
If you chose either quad you'd be happy with it no matter what. All the 450's are bad *** now days, it's all personal preference. i own a 450r but would love to have an ltr just to see what'd it be like. i'm sure they are just as fast with comparable mods.

jmo

rollie
11-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by DirtDevilBT
Do you have any qoutes or dealer receipts showing tranny problems? Can I get a link to any threads about suzuki tranny problems. Thanks:ermm:

http://www.********.com/invision/forums/index.php?showtopic=2799

Just to make it clear, im not bashing the suzuki at all, i came close to buying one,its a great bike no doubt but in my opinion, id wait a little untill they have all the bugs fixed from the factory:cool:

DirtDevilBT
11-12-2006, 07:59 PM
link doesn't work cause of the stars. :scary: