PDA

View Full Version : what are you guys doing with the light switch???

Sjorge450R
11-11-2006, 04:14 AM
Well, when we wired my kill switch up, the factory orange kill swtich was disconeected so the only thing that I need is the light switches. I am not taking off my head light because it looks dumb with stock plastic/no headlight. I will take it off when I get a different hood. ANy way, how are you guys wiring the lights so you can still flick them on and off after you switch to an aftermarket clutch/hotstart lever?

Steve

Gumby46
11-11-2006, 04:37 AM
Personally I just leave my lights switched on high and tuck the whole twitch box inside of the hood. Mounted my key on the right front shroud.

Ive also seen a guy who installed a regular 3 way toggle switch that he could cycle between off/low/high by just putting it in each of the 3 positions.

N300exJ
11-11-2006, 05:21 AM
I did the same thing tucked it under my hood. You can buy after market switches that are just for the lights. Look in parts unlimited or tucker rocky catalogs. I dont remember the brand names off the top of my head that make em. But they do exsist.

K-Dub
11-12-2006, 03:58 AM
I used a 3 way toggle and zip tied it to the frame just under the bars. Did this on my 250R 10 years ago, I dont know why honda dont do this on the Rs from the factory.

Sjorge450R
11-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by K-Dub
I used a 3 way toggle and zip tied it to the frame just under the bars. Did this on my 250R 10 years ago, I dont know why honda dont do this on the Rs from the factory.

where did you get the switch and you have a pic

Aaronb
11-12-2006, 03:28 PM
mine is under my hood as well

Jonas
11-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by K-Dub

Probably because of the ****in' lawyers;)