PDA

View Full Version : water

exrider23
11-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Ok im going with some of my friends to do some "skiing" in some water tommorow. Is there anything i should do to my quad since i will be riding in a lot of water?

oldskoolex400
11-10-2006, 08:40 PM
keep it out of the deep water
put your airbox lid on
dont flip it into the water if you do get it out asap

exrider23
11-10-2006, 08:47 PM
its not really deep, its just like maybe a foot at the most. I put my airbox lid back on...thanks for responding

Anything else?

oldskoolex400
11-10-2006, 09:00 PM
put some covers over the rear wheels to keep water from getting in one side and "catching" inside the rim and flipping

Honda4lyphe
11-11-2006, 10:56 AM
i live near a large creek where we go rideing alot, on my old ex it did fine, really pulled through it very easly, what id do is check my snorkel to make sure no mud is in it and yeah keep the air box lid on, something else if its just 1ft water you might want to take the little plug off the bottom of the air box so when water does get in your snorkel it will drain out instantly, but keep the plug with you, when your water rideing..you always question yourself *is this deep enough?* then all the sudden your thumb slams the throttle haha, but ya if you find something too deep quickly push it back on and slam it! :devil:

exrider23
11-11-2006, 01:55 PM
o0k i just got back from riding. I went into a lot of water. Is there anything i should do, like "maintenance"?

oldskoolex400
11-11-2006, 02:00 PM
change the oil drain the airbox make sure there isnt any water in the airbox def. do you have a greaseable joints on ur 400? (aftermarket) grease them ive always found on a stock carrier when i rode in water take some wd-40 and spray towards the inside(might be crappy info but it made mine last 5 years)