PDA

View Full Version : where to ride in missouri?

zach450rnut
11-10-2006, 05:08 PM
wondering where a good track is in missouri and good places to ride

rb9594
11-10-2006, 05:40 PM
hey zach450rnut,

check out www.stjoestpark.com if you are looking for a place to ride, lots of sand, trails, jumps, and a drag strip. Its over 2000 acres

thanks

ryan

Locknload82
11-11-2006, 07:43 AM
We live north of you in Lamar. There is an MX track up here called Timberrun MX. the racing season just ended, but they will have some practice sessions at different times during the winter. You can only ride on their scheduled days, you cant just show up anytime. Its a great 1.5 mile track with 30-70' tabletops, 20-70' doubles and a tripple or two. Check them out at www.timberrunmx.com

If you like trails Chadwick is southeast of Springfield, it has 125 miles of trails through the ozark mountains, so they can be very rocky. I recommend aftermarket skid plates. I also reccommed not riding alone, because if you would break down you would have a long walk back to civilizaton. If you want details on how to get to Chadwick and where to get permits to ride let me know and I'll give you more details.

banchee dave
11-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Locknload82
We live north of you in Lamar. There is an MX track up here called Timberrun MX. the racing season just ended, but they will have some practice sessions at different times during the winter. You can only ride on their scheduled days, you cant just show up anytime. Its a great 1.5 mile track with 30-70' tabletops, 20-70' doubles and a tripple or two. Check them out at www.timberrunmx.com

If you like trails Chadwick is southeast of Springfield, it has 125 miles of trails through the ozark mountains, so they can be very rocky. I recommend aftermarket skid plates. I also reccommed not riding alone, because if you would break down you would have a long walk back to civilizaton. If you want details on how to get to Chadwick and where to get permits to ride let me know and I'll give you more details.

I rode the chadwick trails and yes they are rocky and at times really narrow. great place for 4x4 quads and small sport quads. anything 50 inches can be a bit of a bear. I would also recommend tire balls because you will cut a tire. I did have fun there, can't say much for my wife

Locknload82
11-12-2006, 08:18 AM
When we ride at Chadwick we always carry tire plugs and a small bicycle air pump. We were in the middle of nowhere one time and my brother in law put a 1 inch slash in the sidewall of a front tire. we put in a bunch of plugs and aired it up, its still holding to this day. I hate to think about riding that quad out of the woods 4 miles with one flat front tire.

rb9594
11-12-2006, 11:07 AM
yeah, definitely would carry something for flat tires.

my friends and i all ride yfz450's, would chadwick be fun for us, or would it suck. sounds like the terrain is pretty ruff from what i have seen. whats your guy's thought?

thanks

ryan
www.stjoestpark.com

Locknload82
11-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Chadwick is pretty rough in spots. We spend most of the day in 2nd gear about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle. Only get into 3rd or 4th on the fire roads, which there are only 2 of those. Also good chance of getting rock dings on your wheels and aftermarket skid plates are a good idea.

If your yfz's are set up for mx with the small (18" rear) tires and wide axles, you might not like it. If you enjoy cruising through the ozark mountains at fairly low speeds and dont mind rock dings then you will love it.

They have maps at the place where you get permits, the trails are marked "easy, intermediate and expert" When you get out there the trails are not all well marked, so you have to pay attention.

here is a website http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/marktwain/recreation/sites/chadwick/

rb9594
12-02-2006, 06:07 AM
i just finished the 100+ ATV Trails listed on www.stjoestpark.com (http://www.stjoestpark.com) . If you would like to add a park send me an email at webmaster@stjoestpark.com

thanks

ryan

gotwarrior
12-02-2006, 06:25 AM
Finger Lacks and St. Joe State Park(flat river) are some very good places to ride.