PDA

View Full Version : Honda Civic intake on Predator?

predatorMN420
11-10-2006, 02:38 PM
I have heard from a couple people that a honda civic cold air intake fits on a predator with slight airbox mods... does anyone know about this or how well it works... i was thinking about putting one on mine along with an electric turbo that i saw on ebay. does anyone know how this works? thanks

kc8pnd
11-10-2006, 03:51 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=215752&highlight=civic

wolffie
11-11-2006, 08:11 AM
if you ride in dusty conditions, DO NOT DO IT! i was the one who posted about it in the above thread, and yeah the power output is great, but it allows more dirt to pass through.

i actually ruined my intake valve springs because over the course of a couple months, tiny particles of dirt entered through my engine, creating an abrassive surface on my valves and making them wear alot faster.

my buddy's engine builder is giving me a hand. he has warned me, and pretty much anyone that comes into his shop to not run a gauze filter (EX: K@N) UNLESS it is covered with a lid in a box. if you dont believe me, call up the # on www.krankitracing.com.com and ask for Scott.

you're best bet for the pred IMHO is to run the foarm rath intake on www.rathracing.com that is what i plan on doing. the clamp on filters are great, but you will need to port your carb because the stock Polaris Carbs are not designed to handle that much air flow. if you want to go this route (which is great if you got the cash) go to www.nicholascycle.com and call up Doug about his intake and porting your carb. the intake kit is $115, and the carb mods are around $200.