PDA

View Full Version : Tires?

TrapZ400
11-10-2006, 10:27 AM
I dont really need new tires right now but I will be buying some new ones in the future.

I ride in a sand pit which is made into a mx track. I also go to some other practice tracks which have hard dirt. I ride on some trails too. The trails do not have any deep ruts but there is a section of the trail that water from a swamp goes over the trail. The water only goes up to my nerf bars so its not that deep. But most of my riding I do is at the sand pit which is made into a mx track. What tires should I get?

Villageidiott23
11-10-2006, 12:03 PM
razrs dude, i dont remember which kind but im sure a fellow rider could specify the correct razr for your riding terrain.

mx1791
11-10-2006, 12:26 PM
i ride in a sand pit too, with "mx tracks" scattered about, and i have razr mx's for the front, and kenda craps on the back, its ok for all sorts or riding, even trails, but i just use my stock tires all the time, couse they just handle better in the pit, becouse there bigger size. so if you wanna get stock sized tires, imo go with hoeshot xcr's, if you want mx tires, anything is good, except kenda's

TrapZ400
11-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Im really leaning towards the razr mx's. Do you guys have any more info on them and how the work in the sand and on trails?

mx1791
11-10-2006, 06:25 PM
i cant say much about rear razr mx's, but i like the fronts alot, they handle great, and turn easily, 18in rears in sand is horrible, u spin out alot, idk if theres any wall berms at your sand pit, but 18's arnt so good with them either. and if the pits rutted up in alot of places, you can feel all the bumps way more with mx tires.

Villageidiott23
11-14-2006, 06:08 AM
there is different plys to. i cant remember where the post is but there was a discussion on here somewhere about what ply to get.

PeeWee21
11-14-2006, 06:24 AM
Since your riding alot of sand you a set of tires that "float" good. MX tires are to small for sand riding, front or rear, get a good set of stock size rear tires. I run Kenda Knarly's and won't run anything else. I have had Razr's, Razr 2's and i would'nt hit a dog in the arse with the Razr 2's....on a machine that just has basic mods..ie...pipe, jetted, opened air box and good filter...they're just to damm heavy and rob ALOT of usable power, they hook up good but you sacrifice so much to gain that. The regular Razr's are a better tire in my opinion but they have an extremely flat profile which is good for sliding but they're floatation in the sand really hinders the tire. The Knarly is'nt as flat, has good forward bite, not as authorative as the Razr's but alot better than the stock Dunlops, it's is a little rounder, floats better in the sand and is also cheaper. If you were'nt riding in sand i'd say go with Razr's or Holeshots....i think the Knarly's will better suit your needs....they're alot cheaper too!!!!!

indyZrider
11-14-2006, 07:14 AM
peewee when i go out to the hatfield-mccoy trails im gonna hook up with you so i can see just how horrible the razr2's are against your knarlys. lol i just dont see how 2 or 3 pounds (and imo it isnt that much) can hinder a harescrambler or trail rider that much since you get all the extra grab. idk-jmo! good debate though-would be a better field test. later toyota man

PeeWee21
11-14-2006, 07:22 AM
On my basically stock KFX when i put them on i HATED them!!!! Yes they had OUTSTANDING forward bite but they KILLED the power IMO, even with a 13t front sprocket i did'nt like them. Maybe if i would have had cams, FCR carb, and high comp piston i would have liked them better....but when i had them i hated them, my opinion may differ now with my motor mods, but back then....i hated 'em!!!! lol Hell yes brother, lets hit the HM Trails!!! Even if it's a "tire" grudge match!!!! lol ;)

TrapZ400
11-15-2006, 03:36 PM
What kenda knarly's should I get? I looked on there website and the have 3 knarlys K535 Knarly HT, 535 Knarly ST, and K535A Knarly XC.

booterskuggs
11-16-2006, 11:16 AM
I've got razors all around on my KFX and ive been first to the banner ALOT of times they do not rob that much horsepower