PDA

View Full Version : 416 parts

xtullyx16
11-10-2006, 07:21 AM
I really want to bore my 400ex to a 416 what kind of piston and cams do u guys prefer? what else would/should i get? port and polish? ik wiesco is a name brand.. is there any others out there... should i consider getting a bigger oil tank? or sumthin to help cool my engine down when i bore it out.. thanks alot .. any info would be great.. im not very knowlegable about the bore kits..

cals400ex
11-10-2006, 09:13 AM
i would look in to JE, ross, or CP pistons. for the cam you have many options. if you want a cheap cam that is a good performer look into hotcams. don't waste you time with a larger oil tank. you could get a FST (four stroke tech) oil cooler and that may cool the oil down a bit. a good full pipe will help open it up quite a bit as well with this setup. a port and polish would be one of the last things i would get, unless you want to do it all at once.

xtullyx16
11-10-2006, 04:33 PM
any idea on kits??or is it all seperate.. does je have a site?? i've heard they are good to! soo let me know thanks

cals400ex
11-11-2006, 04:04 PM
there is no need for a kit. the piston will come with everything you need there. over all, you will need:

piston kit (piston, wrist pin, rings, circlips, etc
camshaft
gaskets
a service manual
boring your cylinder (to match the larger 416 piston)

i would just call up C&D and order everything there. they will have everything you need, or will be able to get it. however, you will still need to bore your cylinder. i would take it to a local atv shop and get that done. bring your cylinder and your new piston with you when you have them do it.