PDA

View Full Version : Airsoft

NikNacs67
11-10-2006, 01:37 AM
Hey guys. I was running around on eBay and found abunch of different airsoft guns for decent prices. I've never played airsoft before and neither have any of my buddies but we figured we'd give it a try for something to do on rainy days or when we can't ride. I don't plan on getting nuts about it but would like to get a few decent guns. And I figured that since i'm going to college (Criminal Justice) and training to become a SWAT/police office, it would be neat to get a MP5 A5 (electric) gun. It's $36 total for that with shipping. I also found a pretty good package deal on a set of 4 Beretta 9mm's for for $25 but I should I spend the extra money and get one's made of metal? Also, post pictures of the kind of guns you guys have and any info to help me out.

250R-Dee
11-10-2006, 01:42 AM
Airsoft is really big over here. The better electric guns are the Marui Hop-up models. Hop-up means you can upgrade the internals. I have an AR15, MP5K and a Glock26. If you get a pistol make sure it is the blowback type.

NikNacs67
11-10-2006, 01:49 AM
I think the Beretta's are spring loaded but it's still a good enough deal to have then for random people who want to play. Do gas & electric models both have blowback?

250R-Dee
11-10-2006, 01:57 AM
Electric uses it's eletcromechanical setup to recock the gun. If a gas gun is not blowback you will have to recock it after each shot.

NikNacs67
11-10-2006, 02:10 AM
Alright. That's kinda what I figured. Is metal worth the extra money?

TRX_450
11-10-2006, 06:13 AM
yes....spend the extra money and get a better gun.....guns made out of metal are 100x better than plastic ones

TGW_400ex
11-10-2006, 06:57 AM
Make sure you read the feet per second too. Their are alot of cheap turds

zack221
11-10-2006, 09:41 AM
heres a good deal 7 electric blowback guns

http://cgi.ebay.com/7-NEW-ELECTRIC-MILITARY-SWAT-AIRSOFT-PAINTBALL-GUNS-LOT_W0QQitemZ320047277701QQihZ011QQcategoryZ64635Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320047277701

cracer250
12-27-2006, 08:15 AM
I know this post is old, but some of you guys don't know what you're talking about with airsoft. First off, Hop-up does not mean you can upgrade the internals. It's a system inside your barrel that adds spin on your bb to make it travel farther. Most hop up systems are adjustable. And, gas non-blowbacks are semi auto. You do not have to cock them each shot. The slide just does not blow back each time like a standard blowback. Gas blowback guns are more realistic when they shoot. Also, metal guns do not mean better. Most quality AEG's by Marui and other top names are mostly plastic with a a few metal parts. Also, don't buy the cheap airsfoft guns with the plastic gear boxes. What you need to look for is the metal gear boxes. If you are going to buy a cheaper electric gun, get the new generation low cost AEG's. Find the ones with the metal gear boxes like the CYMA cm027j, cm028, the WELL R5, R6, R7, R8. These guns are all around $80 each and shoot just as good as a stock Marui. They usually come with chargers and hi-cap mags as well. Let me know anyone has questions about this sport. Also, I have a bunch of the cheaper plastic gear box guns I will sell for 20 bucks each.

450robot
12-27-2006, 09:58 AM
coming from a long time enthusiast, i can tell you

www.redwolfairsoft.com has all your needs for the high quality japanese models like tokyo murai

NEVER buy the cheap ebay chinese imports

NacsMXer
12-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by 450robot
coming from a long time enthusiast, i can tell you

www.redwolfairsoft.com has all your needs for the high quality japanese models like tokyo murai

NEVER buy the cheap ebay chinese imports

I agree...I have had good luck with Redwolf Airsoft. I'm not too active in the hobby these days, but I have bought some quality KSC, and Maruzen gas blowback pistols through them.

Like ATV's, there are quality Japanese guns like KSC, Marui, etc and there are cheap Taiwanese/Chinese pistols that you should stay away from. Even if they work at first, the mags and seals will start to leak over time and become generally useless since replacement parts are hard to find.

Buy quality guns the first time, and you won't have any problems

Tater049
01-22-2007, 06:32 PM
just like someone said, pay the extra money and get a really good gun. I got the UTG AK-47 for $129, and it broke within 4 months. Then i got a Classic Army MP5 for $309 and it is awesome.

PYCHOPATHIC KFX
01-22-2007, 06:42 PM
If you have a Dicks sporting goods in your area check them out. The Dicks in my area has a really big selection of airsofts.

Tater049
01-22-2007, 07:04 PM
yea they do, and also sports authority, if they have that in your area. But, if you like ordering online, definetly get it from airsplat.com