PDA

View Full Version : Reminder To All Posters

JOEX
11-09-2006, 08:52 PM
These are the basic rules.....

Emphasis on #1 & #2 but all are important.

1. If you don't like someone, make believe you do or don't respond. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

2. Leave the flamers to the moderators, don't respond.

3. Refrain from swearing, making sexual and drug references,or creating alternate usernames.

4. Feel free to attach ATV related pictures to you posts. Pictures of riders without helmets will be deleted - riding without a helmet is very dangerous and is an activity strongly comdemned by ATVriders.

5. No commercial advertising of any sort, except for advertising for our sponsors/paid advertisers - including banners in posts, avatars, or signature lines, website addresses, phone numbers, or messages (public or private). This includes users advertising for different shops or companies. We enjoy all shops taking part in ATVriders but no contact information, including websites or phone numbers. The administrator alone will make the final decision on what is advertising but as a simple rule it covers all retail shops, chop shops, and product manufacturers big and small. Manufacturers are strongly encouraged to post information on their own products, but please no ads or prices. Violation of this rule will result in one warning and then a permanent ban.
6. ATVriders.com does not promote, certify, or endorse any of the sellers, buyers, or seller's merchandise. There is always risk involved with purchasing from unknown individuals online. You alone assume all risk and responsibility for those transactions. You alone are responsible for taking necessary precautions to protect yourself from potential internet fraud. ATVriders.com will play no role whatsoever in transactions initiated by individuals acting on their own behalf in the Classifieds section.

MOFO
11-10-2006, 04:24 AM
:)

Gumby46
11-10-2006, 04:43 AM
Thanks for staying on top of stuff guys!

coolguy8769
11-10-2006, 07:54 AM
lol its funny how people forget these, even me....

Pappy
11-10-2006, 09:49 AM
1. If you don't like someone, make believe you do or don't respond. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
Hard to do, but in all honesty this is the internet, you do not have to see the person everyday so why let the rantings of a wack job upset you.

2. Leave the flamers to the moderators, don't respond.
Man, everyone has been guilty of this, the bad part is sometimes it is whats needed to send a message to some moron that enough is enough. Maybe if they logged back on to see 30 replies basically telling them that we as a site have higher standards then falling into the crap hole they would get the idea...maybe not

3. Refrain from swearing, making sexual and drug references,or creating alternate usernames.
I see alot of bashing and trash talk from folks that use other names so no-one will know who they are. If what you have to say needs to be hidden behind a suedo name, then the message is worthless IMO. Drugs, leave it to the scum that use them. I think the next time I see a member who loves to talk about dope in person, I will walk up in front of thier parents and ask for a joint!

4. Feel free to attach ATV related pictures to you posts. Pictures of riders without helmets will be deleted - riding without a helmet is very dangerous and is an activity strongly comdemned by ATVriders.
Common sense

5. No commercial advertising of any sort, except for advertising for our sponsors/paid advertisers - including banners in posts, avatars, or signature lines, website addresses, phone numbers, or messages (public or private). This includes users advertising for different shops or companies. We enjoy all shops taking part in ATVriders but no contact information, including websites or phone numbers. The administrator alone will make the final decision on what is advertising but as a simple rule it covers all retail shops, chop shops, and product manufacturers big and small. Manufacturers are strongly encouraged to post information on their own products, but please no ads or prices. Violation of this rule will result in one warning and then a permanent ban.

My pet peeve. We maintain this site based on money paid by our advertisers. What point is there to having a company pay you to advertise thier product or service when there are other companies that just post product and pricing info for free. You do not have to use our sponsors, but show them some respect, as I am sure you would expect the same if it was your money helping to keep this site up and running.

6. ATVriders.com does not promote, certify, or endorse any of the sellers, buyers, or seller's merchandise. There is always risk involved with purchasing from unknown individuals online. You alone assume all risk and responsibility for those transactions. You alone are responsible for taking necessary precautions to protect yourself from potential internet fraud. ATVriders.com will play no role whatsoever in transactions initiated by individuals acting on their own behalf in the Classifieds section.

Check out who your dealing with, online used sales can be risky

11-10-2006, 10:18 AM
sticky much?

Pappy
11-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by mjpridered10
sticky much?

Sticky's have very limited impact, especially when there is 3 or 4 of them in a section.

11-10-2006, 10:22 AM
....yeah, but....he did it first.

:D

Just doing my part to keep this thread on top.

Honda#4
11-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Good job Moderators for staying on top of things. Keep it up guys and girls.

bwamos
11-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
5. No commercial advertising of any sort, except for advertising for our sponsors/paid advertisers

Is there a current list of your sites sponsors? Everytime I've gone to the site sponsors link in the last 6+ months it's "under construction".

I have an idea of the main sponsors.. but if we had a list.. we wouldn't have to report the questionable ones if they were on the list. Could save you some spam.

Besides I prefer to buy from your sponsors.. so if there's a current list.. those are my first stop.