View Full Version : Is there a doctor in the house???

Scro
11-09-2006, 05:10 PM
The past two days, my pinky and finger next to it on my left hand have been tingling and numb. It's kind of like they are asleep, but different.

It's gotten to the point to that it almost hurts to touch anything with them. Anybody else had this happen? Could this be like a pinch nerve or something? I'm actually starting to get worried, because it hasn't slacked off any.:ermm:

4TraxRider
11-09-2006, 05:14 PM
Just called my mother and she says it's defianetly a nerve injury. Either a fracture pushing on a nerve or a pinched nerve if it helps. She says to go get it checked out if it didn't go away after 3 or 4 days.

gleamingred
11-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Yea its probably your nerve... I had a pinched nerve in my arm one time and it sucked.

Scro
11-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by 4TraxRider
Just called my mother and she says it's defianetly a nerve injury. Either a fracture pushing on a nerve or a pinched nerve if it helps. She says to go get it checked out if it didn't go away after 3 or 4 days.

That's what I figured:grr: But I defiantely don't have a fracture:eek2: Thanks for the reply

JOEX
11-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Carpal Tunnel?

ridered11
11-09-2006, 06:52 PM
not to steal your thread but while we are on the subject of hands

why is it that there is a certain place on my right thumb (right on the inside of the upperjoint of my thumb) that when it gets tapped, touched, or hit, hurts like crap and makes my thumb go numb?

it seemed to come out of no where, in mid football season

Scro
11-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Just out of curiosity, I was put to sleep for my wisdom teeth last week. Could it be because of that?

DanielG
11-10-2006, 09:21 AM
This is a long shot, but do you spend extended periods of time with your elbows bent at 90 degrees or more? I recently discovered that my new computer desk here at work was causing me to type with my arms bent at an extreme angle, which can cause cubital tunnel syndrome, which is a stretching and tightening of the ulner nerve. This nerve controls sensation in the pinkie and part of the ring finger. Luckily all it took was rearranging my desk to alleviate the problem. Click here for more info. (http://www.eatonhand.com/hw/hw007.htm)

Hope this helps

Daniel

ps. sleeping with your arms bent can also cause this problem.

DanielG
11-10-2006, 09:25 AM
I just noticed you are in North Alabama, where exactly are you? We own a lot at Smith Lake over in Cullman County. We spend most of our summer on that lake.

Daniel

Scro
11-10-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by DanielG
This is a long shot, but do you spend extended periods of time with your elbows bent at 90 degrees or more? I recently discovered that my new computer desk here at work was causing me to type with my arms bent at an extreme angle, which can cause cubital tunnel syndrome, which is a stretching and tightening of the ulner nerve. This nerve controls sensation in the pinkie and part of the ring finger. Luckily all it took was rearranging my desk to alleviate the problem. Click here for more info. (http://www.eatonhand.com/hw/hw007.htm)

Hope this helps

Daniel

ps. sleeping with your arms bent can also cause this problem.

Interesting. I have noticed that my "funny bone" has become more sensitive:scary:

I'm from the Florence area. I've got friends that spend alot of time on Smith Lake.

DanielG
11-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Ah, Florence, home of the UNA Lions. I've been through there on my way to Gatlinburg. Smith Lake is awesome. If you ever get the chance to go, you should. I'm looking to get out of boating and back into atv's though, for a little while at least. If you know anyone looking...Heres my boat, (http://www.dgphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/1985831) it's for sale.

Good luck with your hand.

Daniel

Scro
11-10-2006, 09:54 AM
Nice boat! I'll ask around. Let me know if you want to ride sometime.

DanielG
11-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Scro
Nice boat! I'll ask around. Let me know if you want to ride sometime.

Will-do

D

Pappy
11-10-2006, 10:07 AM
I think you need to switch hands:devil:

DanielG
11-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

I think that would be considered a repetitive motion injury LMAO

Pappy
11-10-2006, 10:20 AM
I figured he was doing "High Society" spank, with pinky extended:devil:

Sorry Dustin, just trying to cheer ya up! Your just getting older, I have so many aches and pains these days I usually name them:p

DanielG
11-10-2006, 10:23 AM
I figured he was doing "High Society" spank, with pinky extended:devil:

Classic

Pappy
11-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Classic

Just putting my higher education to work. I majored in Smart ***

DanielG
11-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Must have graduated Summa cum Laude.

BTW, I'm wholly impressed with over 19K posts...that's nuts. One of our boating sites had a guy that had over 10K and we thought that was unbelievable.

Daniel

Pappy
11-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Must have graduated Summa cum Laude.

BTW, I'm wholly impressed with over 19K posts...that's nuts. One of our boating sites had a guy that had over 10K and we thought that was unbelievable.

Daniel

lol, noone tell him about the other 37,000 i have:chinese:

DanielG
11-10-2006, 10:32 AM
lol, noone tell him about the other 37,000 i have:chinese:

Holy Cow :eek:!!! Where?

D

Pappy
11-10-2006, 10:36 AM
I had them deleted a while back, I wanted to be a post virgin again:devil:

Scro
11-10-2006, 11:06 AM

LOL, I knew that was coming:o :p

DanielG
11-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Dustin, do you race at all?

Scro
11-10-2006, 12:14 PM
I will race a couple harescrambles a year when they are close, but I mainly trail ride.

DanielG
11-10-2006, 12:48 PM
When you ride in the MidSouth Harescambles?

I haven't been on a sport quad in over 10 years, but once I settle on what I'm going to buy, and get it outfitted, I'd like to try my hand at a few races, C class or Beginner. There's one in Iuka, which is only 45 minutes from me, so I'll probably cruise over and watch next time they're there.

Daniel

Scro
11-10-2006, 12:52 PM
I usually like to attend the Iuka race since it's so close. I'll look you up when it gets closer.

DanielG
11-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Sounds good

Daniel