PDA

View Full Version : crf problem

jdthomas24
11-09-2006, 05:08 PM
it takes forever to start, with a 42,45,48,50 pilot in it.

right now it has 45 pilot, 198 main.

needle all the way up, last clip.

starts better, but has some flutter in the 1/2 throttle and up, not bad but it seems not like it should.

does anyone have a carb forsale?

quadmxracer
11-11-2006, 01:04 AM
For one the main is way to big. I'm assuming its a stock CRF450. What year? Because Honda changed the settings on carbs for the first few years. I have CRF450 engine in an atv chassis and am running stock jetting in the carb which is the 2003 model carb on my 2004 engine. I'm running 45 pilot and 170 main. Mine starts 1st or 2nd kick all the time. I've never had to play with my needle yet. So I suggest you lean out your main jet.

Have you played with your fuel/air mixture screw? seems like the most common jetting issue that comes up are pilot circuit related.the following is a sure method to choose the needed changes. With the bike warm and idleing turn the fuel screw in till the idle drops/misses. Then go back out till the idle peaks/smooths. This should happen between 1 and 2.5 turns on a fcr carb. If you end up at less than 1 turn you need a smaller pilot jet. More than 2.5 turns you need a bigger pilot jet.