PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth $1,000??

screaminta
11-09-2006, 10:38 AM
I was given the chance to buy an 03 banshee for a 1,000 dollars. The kid who owns the shee was racing a car on the roas(idiot) and ended up rolling it bad. Supposedly the frame is tweeked and the fenders are shot. Everything else is like brand new though (supposedly) I have not seen the bike yet, but will this weekend. If all is true and all it needs are plastics and a frame(maybe straightened) is it worth a thousand? It should be all stock, maybe has a set of pipes on it? Let me know what you guys think.

project_tecate
11-09-2006, 12:56 PM
depends on how bad the damage is. If its just a frame and plastics you will need then yeah def worth it, that will set ya back maybe $500 tops. But check all the a-arms, swinger, axle, etc. If it needs all that stuff it can add up, but hell you could still part it out and make more $$$ than you paid for it

Donjuan54
11-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Offer him 500 to 750 tops. Yeah if u could buy it for that I would. Post what u need on here. It seems like everybody has stock banshee take off just laying around. Make sure the motor still runs. If it still runs for sure buy it. if u buy it post pics so we can see before and after pics good luck.

screaminta
11-09-2006, 05:27 PM
thanks for the replies, but i think if i can get it for less than a grand and it needs too much to rework, i may just part it out cause i already have two sport quads (250r, and a 250x, I know I know HONDA!!!!! but i love emm haha):devil: But anyway I will see it most likely on saturday, maybe sunday and well see where it goes from there...

banshee84
11-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by screaminta
thanks for the replies, but i think if i can get it for less than a grand and it needs too much to rework, i may just part it out cause i already have two sport quads (250r, and a 250x, I know I know HONDA!!!!! but i love emm haha):devil: But anyway I will see it most likely on saturday, maybe sunday and well see where it goes from there...

Take a camera and get picks

screaminta
11-13-2006, 09:53 AM
OK, I dunno if you read my other post, but the banshee is a 1997 NOT a 2003. Anyway, I went to see the bike to asses(sp?) the damage. It is not bad at all. From what i can tell, the rear of the frame/subfrme is a little bent on an angle you can see this by looking at the grab bar/silencers. The grab bar is also all bent. the rear fender is cracked real bad also. I could not do a compression check, but the kid assured me that it ran and shifted perfect. (could not test run it, kids mom had the key as he is no longer allowed to ride it haha, she is making him seel it) It had renthal bars on it that also seemed a little cocked. The two front lights were both cracked. Other than that all seems fine. It is all stock. One thing I noticed is that the wires coming from the throttle are cut (tors system) it may or may not have been removed, but ill look into it. The kid did not even know the year of the quad and he seemed like he did not know much about i, which iis why I think he is selling it soo cheap. I'm pretty sure that he will take $800 cash for it, upon proof of running/driving. What do you all think, and what else should I be looking for? thanks again.

Sorry no pics.

sc400ex_rider
01-20-2007, 12:00 PM
your good!! go for it!!! get the parts off ebay , thats a deal....late:blah:

81 clark racing
01-24-2007, 03:53 PM
if you decided to part it out let me no ill buy the motor if your willing to ship thanxs steve