PDA

View Full Version : Steering stem height

WSB
11-09-2006, 06:11 AM
Hi guys,
what a weekend. Went riding and struck a wire thats going over the river bed in which we were riding. Caught me in the helmet, just below the goggles and knocked me of the bike. 21 stiches later here i am. Besides the point, i was just looking for sympathy because my wife aint giving me any.

Do I have to lengthen my cables on a 06 R if i want to install a +2 steering stem or can i just reroute the cables?

Thanks

BVRLVR
11-09-2006, 06:17 AM
i have an 05, had a +2 on it, stock cables worked fine.

Meek
11-09-2006, 04:47 PM
/\ me to

bluebaron
11-09-2006, 07:56 PM
What about using a +1 or +2 stem with +2 a-arms? Will the front brake lines work?

BVRLVR
11-10-2006, 01:16 PM
the the brake lines for the front go from the calipers to a T mounted on the frame, so stem height dosent affect the lines to the arms, you would just buy longer lower lines (the ones that go from the caliper to the T)

bluebaron
11-10-2006, 03:56 PM
o yea i forgot about the T, my bad

Meek
11-12-2006, 10:52 AM
I am running a +2 stem, with +1/2 arms, and the stock lines will work. just unbolt the T, and zip tie it

treake
11-13-2006, 10:03 AM
I run a +2 stem with CR-HI bend bars with a +2.5 Walsh frontend. The stock lines would reach, but in my opinion pulled a little to tight so I went ahead and got the steel braided lines to be sure I had plenty and wouldn't have any problems. For the little bit of extra money, it's worth it.

DirtDevilBT
11-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by treake
I run a +2 stem with CR-HI bend bars with a +2.5 Walsh frontend. The stock lines would reach, but in my opinion pulled a little to tight so I went ahead and got the steel braided lines to be sure I had plenty and wouldn't have any problems. For the little bit of extra money, it's worth it.
yeah, true. If you are only going with a stem for now, then the stockers will work. You will need to unbend the lines just a little to make some slack. I unbolted and moved up the part of the line that is connected next to the stem clamp. You will see the rubber grommet, that will need to be moved up.