PDA

View Full Version : Waching quad's

250ex13
11-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Just wondering how you all wash your quads? What soaps,sponges,hose attachments you all use?

4TraxRider
11-08-2006, 06:33 PM
I come back from the ride and immediately spray it down with at least a hose to make sure the dirt/mud and whatever doesn't dry on it. After I take off the chunks, I spray the whole thing with purple power(great product), let it sit for a minute then use my pressure washer and it takes almost everything off. Then I touch it up with an old dish sponge and wipe the plastic down with armoral, then wd-40 the metal parts. Start it up for about 5 mins to blow any condensation out of it and put her away, and don't forget to lube up your components, like chain, cables and check oil when your done to make sure no water made it in somehow.

firefighterjosh
11-09-2006, 02:05 AM
I always run throught the car wash on the way home to use the pressure washer. Just don't get too close it can get into seal and blow your graphics off. Then when I get home I will get the sponge out and toothbrush and polish her up

Honda#4
11-09-2006, 06:32 AM
I hose mine off, then I use a toothbrush to get the dirt out of the fins on the motor and to polish it up.

HondaEXrider22
11-12-2006, 08:23 AM
Let let it sit, take pressure washer and get as much as I can, the a sponge with the gritty stuff and scrub with dawn, then rinse with pressure washers and wipe dry with towel.

red4ever
11-15-2006, 06:46 PM
i pressure wash it polish it and grease all my bushings and bearings