PDA

View Full Version : PEP ZPS shock ?

DALXX2
11-08-2006, 04:35 PM
I just got a set of pep triple rate zps front shocks. I was wondering if it is possible to adjust thr ride height on the front shocks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

300ex_#387
11-08-2006, 05:18 PM
On the shock there should be notches at the top. You need to compress the springs, and the top plate above the spring down. There should be a C-clip in the you need to undo the C-clip and move it in the direction you would like your height to go. If you move it up, your height will be lower. If you move it down your height will be higher. An easier way is just to turn the shock upside down compress the springs and remove the bottom plate. Then it will be easier to move your C-clip.

NacsMXer
11-09-2006, 01:13 PM
You don't have to take the shocks off the quad to adjust it.

One thing of key importance when moving the top C-clip is you have to take all the weight off the front end to alleviate spring pressure; this will allow you to pull the top ZPS collar down to expose the C-clip. Otherwise, with all the quad's weight on it, the ZPS spring will be fully compressed, and you won't be able to pull down the collar at all.

Just put the quad on a stand or what I do is just lift up the front of the quad, put my knee under the frame to support the weight, then use both hands to pull the top retaining collar down to move the C-clip in your desired direction.

No tools required, once you get the hang of it you can adjust it anywhere which comes in very handy :)