PDA

View Full Version : Mid-term Elections ???WTF

Quad18star
11-08-2006, 11:35 AM
Alright so I'm fliping through the TV channels and watching the news and see that you guys in the USA had mid-term elections yesturday ?? :confused: Firs off , I didn't know you guys did that , secondly , WTF happened ? What do the results mean ?

Also I just read that Rumsfeld(?) just resigned as Secretery of Defence or something like that ?

Someone enlighten me please !!!!!

coolguy8769
11-08-2006, 11:55 AM
the DOP(rebulicans) lost control of the House of Reps. and idk about the Senate

but yea i kinda figured Rumsfeld(sp?) was gonna go

mxdad
11-08-2006, 11:57 AM
It is normal for mid term elections to go against the sitting president. I read yesterday that Clinton lost 54 seats in his 1st mid term election. The democrats will play this up but it is truly pretty normal.

As for Rumsfeld, I would think this has been coming for a while but they didn't want to do it prior to the elections.

mxdad
11-08-2006, 12:02 PM
As of now it just means the Democrats have taken control of the House and may take control of the Senate as well. Right now the Senate sits at 50 - 49 in favor of the Dems with one race still not called. Virginia is too close to call right now but it looks like the Dems will get that one too. Either way it is actually good that they will have to work together more now instead of just pushing one side's agenda. As much as I am a Republican, I still think there should be both sides represented to help keep us more towards the center than either side.

coolguy8769
11-08-2006, 12:16 PM
i havnt been following the elections, but all i know that for the last week i have seen a cermircal for a canadate every other cermircal. and every street corner has about a billion of those damn signs

Quad18star
11-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by mxdad
As of now it just means the Democrats have taken control of the House and may take control of the Senate as well. Right now the Senate sits at 50 - 49 in favor of the Dems with one race still not called. Virginia is too close to call right now but it looks like the Dems will get that one too. Either way it is actually good that they will have to work together more now instead of just pushing one side's agenda. As much as I am a Republican, I still think there should be both sides represented to help keep us more towards the center than either side.

Right on !!! Thanks for the info .... you helped out with some of the confusion .