PDA

View Full Version : elka or TCS

nicker71
11-08-2006, 09:15 AM
*New to this suspension stuff*
Looking into some new shock for XC. Triple rate comp adjustment piggyback elka or triple rate comp only TCS with remote rezs.
The price difference is 850 elka and 825 TCS. WHat do you think??
Looking at going with SMC fad fronts or atv four play. Both are +1 and both are max ground clearence. SMC also offers a long travel front with max ground clearence for the same price as the regulars. SMC fab uses ricky stator ball joints and ATV uses leger ball joints. THe only think I worry about with smc is that not many shock builders know much about the (geometry) and I worry that I might not be able to get the correct valve shock for the a arm. (Wont feel right). SMC is 100 dollars cheaper and has a better warrenty than the atv four play.

thanks
nick

going with gt thunder rebuild and link for the back
2005 yfz

Honda#4
11-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Have you looked into Axis, or is that too expensive for you.

parkers30
11-08-2006, 11:40 AM
have you looked into the full GT Thunder front end for the YFZ? he uses custom designed ATV Four Play arms and revavled factory fronts. Must be a pretty good setup since Brandon ran it in the GNCC pro class

pudamac12
11-08-2006, 06:34 PM
hey i run the smc products and you should have no worries about getting proper shock setups (unless you get elka). Steve sends all the technical info that any decent shock builder will know what to do with it.

I suggest looking into motowoz shocks if you can afford it cuz many people on another forum are extremely happy with the smc/motowoz setups. If you want some pics let me know and I will be glad to post or send you some of either product.

nicker71
11-08-2006, 10:56 PM
yeah I thought the axis was a bit to high.
I looked at the moto waz website and it was interesting but never heard of them before. The price they had online seemed a bit high though. Why not elka?? They seem popular, whats wrong with the setup with the elka and smc arms?? If i went with another shock could I get the information from SMC fab on their arms and get some shock setup specific to their specs??
thanks

nicker71
11-09-2006, 11:23 AM
bump

hoopd450
11-09-2006, 03:41 PM
since you're going with the gt thunder rear why not get their complete package with a-arms and front shock conversion. it will be alot cheaper and will all work very well together.

JJs450r
11-09-2006, 06:23 PM
My tcs are greattt :-D

"THE ShoP"
11-10-2006, 12:58 AM
elka all the way!!

parkers30
11-10-2006, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by hoopd450
since you're going with the gt thunder rear why not get their complete package with a-arms and front shock conversion. it will be alot cheaper and will all work very well together.

Give Laz at GT thunder a call, he won't steer you the wrong way. If aftermarket shocks are what you need, he will tell you, if not you can save alot of money with his setup

bradley300
11-10-2006, 07:39 AM
i also agree with the GThunder set up. the only thing you wont like is the a-arms arent max clearance, but really think about it, is it really a huge benefit, or a fad? the gthunder stuff will be BETTER than what any shock company will send you, and much cheaper

Colby@C&DRacing
11-10-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
i also agree with the GThunder set up. the only thing you wont like is the a-arms arent max clearance, but really think about it, is it really a huge benefit, or a fad? the gthunder stuff will be BETTER than what any shock company will send you, and much cheaper

Tell us then the difference in all these companies shocks and why the GT thunder stuff is better since you have ridden them all, and understand the difference in spring curve,valving and leverage ratios. I am sure we would all like to here a real factual review of them all??