PDA

View Full Version : banshee engine trouble

jrkarting07
11-08-2006, 08:51 AM
I have just got my banshee back from the shop and its leaking water out of the engine i just had a new topend put in only started a couple times since never ran yet cause afraid to blow my engine cause of the leak... I think its just a gasket but could be more... any one have any suggestions???? if its a gasket how easy is it to replace???

flip73
11-08-2006, 10:16 AM
It you just had a rebuild, it's prob just a hose not tight or something. Check the easy stuff first...can you tell where it's leaking from?

Donjuan54
11-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Take it back. Any shop I would think would be glad to take it back to problem. Shops rely heavily on word of mouth for business. Check the easy stuff he is probably right somebody forgot to tighten something. Let us know what it is.

Banshee009
11-12-2006, 11:15 AM
jrkarting07

right, don had the right idea. if you look it over and can't find anything wrong, take that thing right back to shop you had the work done. if you start ripping into things before the shop has a chance to correct it, they probably won't touch it and you'll be SOL. ANY good shop will be happy to git you right in and correct the problem, and maybe for you trouble you'll git a discount on your next job you bring to them

let us know what you find out

jrkarting07
11-14-2006, 02:55 PM
I did and he couldn't figure out what it was and he didn't charge me for the rebuild... The waters coming out of the head... the seal of the head...

project_tecate
11-14-2006, 05:53 PM
then the gasket is bad, or oring depending on which set-up you have. Hopefully its not a wrapped head or something like that

jrkarting07
11-15-2006, 01:02 PM
how would i find out if its a warped head???? and also if its a gasket or o ring how easy of a fix is it and how pricey is it..???

Banshee009
11-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by jrkarting07
how would i find out if its a warped head???? and also if its a gasket or o ring how easy of a fix is it and how pricey is it..???

hey there
do you have stock head or something like a cool head

the stock head has a gasket and most of the aftermarket heads have o-rings

if the aftermarket head is leaking, then git a o-ring kit from the manufacter

if the stock head is leaking, then yeah, it could be a warped head, or a bad gasket, not really sure
gotta finger out where that water is coming from.

let us know

jrkarting07
11-17-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Banshee009
hey there
do you have stock head or something like a cool head

the stock head has a gasket and most of the aftermarket heads have o-rings

if the aftermarket head is leaking, then git a o-ring kit from the manufacter

if the stock head is leaking, then yeah, it could be a warped head, or a bad gasket, not really sure
gotta finger out where that water is coming from.

let us know

Im gunna try that out this weekend

jrkarting07
11-17-2006, 08:34 AM
Its a stock head

jrkarting07
11-18-2006, 05:12 PM
ok well it has brandnew wiseco 0.20 bore pistons sleeves rods. The water is coming out from the bolt and just oozes out... i think its just a gasket should i just replace the gasket and see what happens?

Banshee009
11-20-2006, 08:07 PM
"ok well it has brandnew wiseco 0.20 bore pistons sleeves rods"

well, i'm really not sure what that means.............

your 20 over with wiseco pistons, k, i git that...........

"sleeves rods" not really sure what's going on there, i assume he sleeved the bores? and the rods, well, i just don't know.

you may think bout taking your quad somewhere else from now on. if you took it back to him and he couldn't find the leak and then just not charged you for the top end rebuild and said you were on your own, that's just plain wrong. if a customer brought that back to me, i would work night and day to figure that out with no cost to the customer, you never just let it go.

sorry, stepping off my soapbox now, on to your Q

yeah, it sounds like a gasket. just go down to your yamerhammer dealer and git a head gasket, and pick yourself up a clymer manual while your there cause it sounds like you'll be replacing it yourself, huh? if you have problems, just post. i just got here and the people here seem to be pretty good eggs. someone will help ya

later, and good luck

jrkarting07
11-21-2006, 10:54 AM
yea it was just like a friend of a friend who worked on it. yea i will take it to a shop next time... thanks for the info ill try and get around to working on it this weekend