PDA

View Full Version : Cam vs. Exhaust - HELP

red2004 TRX450R
11-08-2006, 08:49 AM
I have a sparks exhaust but I am thinking about going back to stock because its to loud. I don't know if i am just getting wise in my old age or getting paranoid that my riding areas may get shut down because people get sick of hearing my pipe.

I was riding with a buddy this weekend with stock exhaust and its kind of nice.

I was thinking of selling it and getting a cam (HC2). I have a sparks filter and cut lid, and HRC needle. on a 04

I don't want to loose power but I don't care if I gain any!

And does any one know if i can retro fit the sparks Quiet Modular Tip to a pipe that don't have the new Sparks Modular End Cap?

does any one have dyno graphs with a cam, no lid and stock exhaust then with aftermarket exhaust.

CHEVYZ
11-08-2006, 01:37 PM
You could always get a quiter exhaust system. Sparks are pretty loud systems. I am sure that you could find a quiter one pretty easily.

I would imagine that a HCS2 with the HRC type endcap would probably perform pretty decently..... can't say how loud it would be, though.

MAD450r
11-08-2006, 02:01 PM
I was told I can put the new quiet setup on my pipe. I didn't purchase one yet. I will this summer so I'll know how it goes.

I bought my R with the hrc cam installed so I would not ride an R without a cam installed now. I did notice even with the hrc end cap I didn't the nearly the bottom end I have with my sparks pipe. I wont go back even though it was so much quieter that way. I hope with the quiet core I wont loose too much or i'll just be pulling it right back off.

protegespecter
11-08-2006, 02:02 PM
Also running with an open/hrc airbox is also loud

ghott
11-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by protegespecter
Also running with an open/hrc airbox is also loud

I really don't think this has anything to do with exhaust sound....

Anywoo, if you're going to buy a cam, keep the full exhaust. Right now, the stock cam is your power bottleneck. If you put a HCS2 in, and run it with the stock exhaust, the exhaust will be your power bottleneck.

In short, HCS2 + Full pipe = GOODNESS.

There are many pipes that have a quiet core for the times when you need to keep your quad quiet. HMF, DASA, Rossier, and CT are just a few that I know of that have a quiet cores (or equivalent) available.

Good luck.

red2004 TRX450R
11-10-2006, 08:12 AM
:rolleyes:

Sjorge450R
11-10-2006, 09:57 AM
how much do you want for the Sparks????:p