PDA

View Full Version : 07 450 r

brunog
11-08-2006, 07:16 AM
I rode my 07 for the first time yesterday. I had an 05 with mods but traded it in for the new electric start. When riding yesterday, it seemed like the engine bogged/clinked at low rpms from 2nd through 5th. Has anyone experienced this? If so, what was the problem?

Any recalls for 07?

ghott
11-08-2006, 07:25 AM
Seems like she might be runnin a little rich on the slow circuit...

Is it bone stock?

Try turning your A/F Mixture screw in a 1/4 turn or 1/2 turn.

Flynbryan19
11-08-2006, 07:26 AM
You could just need to adjust your jetting. I hear the FCR carb on the R is very finicky. Jetting from the dealership is only meant to be close. Could just be that they didn't nail it right for ya.

11-08-2006, 07:27 AM
she likes throttle,

it is the fcr carb...when you hit the throttle open fast, there is a slight "vacuum" for lack of a better way to explain it that is created in the fuel accelerator.

this can be fixed by changing the leak jet from a stock 70 to a 45 or so...but it does like to have throttle also...gotta keep them rpms up...

also turn the idle up...just a hair...

ghott
11-08-2006, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
she likes throttle,

it is the fcr carb...when you hit the throttle open fast, there is a slight "vacuum" for lack of a better way to explain it that is created in the fuel accelerator.

this can be fixed by changing the leak jet from a stock 70 to a 45 or so...but it does like to have throttle also...gotta keep them rpms up...

A 70? Holy chit, I thought they came with a 42 leak stock. :confused:

brunog
11-08-2006, 07:34 AM
It is completely stock except for nerf bars, under armour, and wheels/rims. Not very mechanical so I would need some direction on turning of screws or jetting. Help?????

11-08-2006, 07:47 AM
the idle adjustment is under the right side of the gas tank it is a knob there. after the bike is warm, , while running, turn the knob one way or the other so that the idle goes up...it only needs to go up a little...sorry , i can't remember which way to turn it right now.

as far as changing the leak jet, remove all the plastic and the gas tank. loosen the carb so that you can turn it in the frame...there is a cover on the bottom of the carb....number 49 in this picture:

put this in your favorites!!! (http://www.sudco.com/fcrmx.html)

the leak jet will be on the onside of that. after switching that out, put it all back together

atvridernc
11-08-2006, 12:08 PM
Is the leak jet #46 in that picture?

11-08-2006, 12:38 PM
no, i think 29 is the leak jet, they just have it shown going into the wrong place...i have corrected that in my pic. the leak jet actuall screws into the bottom cover(#49)

zach450rnut
11-09-2006, 02:21 PM
there is a recall on the lower throttle arm no joke get i fixed asap from your dealer for free sticky notifed everyone it will charge you nothin man get it fixed