PDA

View Full Version : My new obsession..

hondardr4life
11-08-2006, 04:20 AM
Well I finally got my truck about a month ago. 2001 silverado 2500HD with a 6.0l and 4:10's. The only things I've put on it are bed rails, a tonneau, and 285/75/16 BFGoodrich KO's. I should be getting an exhaust, intake, and chip soon though.

hondardr4life
11-08-2006, 04:21 AM
sorry the pics are chitty, theyre from my phone.

Stevie-D
11-08-2006, 04:23 AM
now your hooked. if you havent realized it already...trucks are an even bigger money pit than quads are. i've got thousands into mine, and ive only had it since march.

hondardr4life
11-08-2006, 04:23 AM

hondardr4life
11-08-2006, 04:25 AM
We got a video of us tearing through a feild last night, but its on my firends phone, and I dont think it can send a video to my email.

What do you guys think of the running boards? I kinda think they make the truck look a lot smaller than it really is....

flattrack440ex
11-08-2006, 02:37 PM
very very nice truck. seems like the running boards make it look lower to the ground tho. if you are going to be tearin around off road i would take them off so they dont get ripped off. my dad did it on the construction site and it caused body damage as well.

hondardr4life
11-08-2006, 03:04 PM
Thanks, the pictures don't do it justice at all.. I don't know what I'll do with the running boards. I don't plan to do much off roading, because its so nice, and I just got done spending 3 hours cleaning it......

Camaroguy87132
11-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
now your hooked. if you havent realized it already...trucks are an even bigger money pit than quads are. i've got thousands into mine, and ive only had it since march. EXACTLY!!! Its rediculous... I've only had mine since February and I have probably about 2k into it..

NICE truck though, the 6.0 is a great motor.

flattrack440ex
11-08-2006, 04:59 PM
only 3 hrs???? man you are fast takes me atleast 5 did you just clean it or wash wax and interior?

Stevie-D
11-08-2006, 08:49 PM
EXACTLY!!! Its rediculous... I've only had mine since February and I have probably about 2k into it..

and the funny thing is that i will never regain the money that i am continually sinking into it. i've got a 93 dodge half ton (3/4 ton suspension now) short bed standard cab. it certainly won't be going up in value:p

to me a truck is just a toy. i use it for work, but it is mainly my toy. i'll buy a truck, sink some money into it to make it how i want it, then eventually run out of stuff to do (that i can afford anyway) and sell it, or like the last one, total it:devil:

i want to eventually put an 8" lift under it, but first comes the motor. i've got the original 318 that i pulled sitting in the garage. this winter it's getting sent out to get some work done to it. should be able to turn the 33's a little better once it's done.
im kind of getting tired of worrying about the appearance of it. looks about as good as its going to get, so it's now time to make it scoot down the road just a wee bit quicker :devil:

hondardr4life
11-09-2006, 04:16 AM
I did everything except for wax. I worked on it for about another 45 minutes after I posted that. I was just taking a break for dinner.

Slinky
11-09-2006, 12:16 PM
nice truck..go check out fullsizechevy.com lot of good info there...and you wont be able to get a "chip" for it, you need to either get a tune or a programmer. I would recomend getting in touch with http://www.wait4meperformance.com they do an awsome tune! Aslo dont do running boards, if anything get nerf bars to go along with your bed rails.

Seano300ex
11-09-2006, 12:48 PM
nice truck man!!

Rico400
11-09-2006, 12:54 PM
i would just get some normal black or chrome nerf bars....

just be sure NOT to get those sidewinder nerf bar things. Its the step that comes out once u open the door, we had them on our 02 ford and they were justa pita.

It was a cool concept, but they were really cheasy

hondardr4life
11-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Yeah, my runnign boards are all chipped up, and look like hell. I can't decide wether to get black or chrome westin nerf bars. I know that I can't put a "chip" in my truck, I just call it that for some reason... My main reason for getting one is fuel milage. I was thinking about hypertech. Also, flowmaster doesn't make a dual system for my truck:mad: , so I think I'll either buy dual Gibsons, or buy a 50 series HD muffler, and have duals bent.

Stevie-D
11-09-2006, 04:30 PM
one reason right there i love the older trucks. i've putting a flowmaster 40 and duals on my truck that came off of a chevy. basically all the same underneath. :)