PDA

View Full Version : SGAEXER look here

BadA$$440
09-10-2002, 04:03 PM
what did you do to move you propegs down? I just rotated the peg mount but it dosnt seem to fit right. Plus you said you had to cut something off, what did you cut? Here are some pics....

P.S. Do you know if you are going to the race this saturday? I will be there definatly.

BadA$$440
09-10-2002, 04:04 PM
heres another one

400exRacerX
09-10-2002, 05:58 PM
You cant mount the peg like that,,, the peg mount will dig into the ground when your frame bottoms out and will evetually destroy the peg mount. Plus the fact that you cant put the nerf bar flush up against the mount since the bolts are in the way.

BadA$$440
09-10-2002, 06:07 PM
Uh, if i bottom out o the trail then i need new shocks. I dont really dont. SGAEXER has done this and i saw it but i think his is different

SGA
09-10-2002, 10:36 PM
Yeah, i'll be there saturday. Maybe this time they'll keep those trees from running out into the middle of the track! I'll show you the pegs then. You can't just flip the pegs over, I tried that. When you try to go over a log, it will stop you cold. It was kind of a pain in the arse to do it, but I like it alot better now. The pegs are lower now and it feels more comfortable to me. I pretty much drilled some new holes higher up on the peg bracket (which lowered the pegs) and cut off and rounded the bottom. I also had to take off the spacer on the brake side and use washers to space it out, because the peg weld on the back falls in between the footpeg frame mounts. You don't want to grind any on the welds that secure the peg to the bracket. Heres some pics.
What was in that mud at the last race? Any shiney metal rusted up fast, even the steel on my riding boots! I went through a pile of WD40 on the quad!

SGA
09-10-2002, 10:39 PM
pic of the bottom.

SGA
09-10-2002, 10:43 PM
One more of the right side. I had to adjust my brake pedal lower to fit the lowered pegs. I also used grade 8 metric bolts on the right side, a little longer than the stock allen head bolts. With the right side spaced out from the propegs, I felt the stock bolts were a little too short. i'm sure the stockers would have been o/k though.

BadA$$440
09-11-2002, 05:54 AM
Ya i know what you mean, my whole quad was rusted up. I see how you did the peg thing but i will wait to see yours a lil better and maybe sit on it to see how i like it. I also took a row of the netting out and zip tied it up, it helps alot but if your wearing shorts and u go to push back, you get burnt if your not careful.

Wingnut
09-11-2002, 01:30 PM
Sgaexer, your swing arm is not starting to crack is it? It looks like it in that second picture.

Do y'all have any tracks near Ocala? I herd this past weekend that is where the first round of the GNCCs will be next year.

BadA$$440
09-11-2002, 02:05 PM
Its in Ockachobee

cdalejef
09-11-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Wingnut
Do y'all have any tracks near Ocala? I herd this past weekend that is where the first round of the GNCCs will be next year. When the GNCC's first started racing in florida back in the mid 90's we raced in Ocala for 3 or 4 years, then moved to Ockachobee. That track was much better than Ockachobee! I would love to see them move it back! Plus its about 5 hours closer for me.:)

BadA$$440
09-11-2002, 04:28 PM
Hey Jeff, was it in the Ocala National Forest?